• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

Spark

Global Moderator
Apparently these are a thing? Wild

Tue Jan 12 (50 ovs) 11:20 local (03:20 GMT | 04:20 CET)
1st ODI - Australia v India
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Fri Jan 15 (50 ovs) 13:20 local (03:20 GMT | 04:20 CET)
2nd ODI - Australia v India
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Sun Jan 17 (50 ovs) 14:20 local (03:20 GMT | 04:20 CET)
3rd ODI - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Wed Jan 20 (50 ovs) 14:20 local (03:20 GMT | 04:20 CET)
4th ODI - Australia v India
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Sat Jan 23 (50 ovs) 14:20 local (03:20 GMT | 04:20 CET)
5th ODI - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

Tue Jan 26 (20 ovs) 18:08 local (07:38 GMT | 08:38 CET)
1st T20I - Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

Fri Jan 29 (20 ovs) 19:38 local (08:38 GMT | 09:38 CET)
2nd T20I - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Jan 31 (20 ovs) 19:38 local (08:38 GMT | 09:38 CET)
3rd T20I - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

Aus ODI squad: Smith (c), Warner, Bailey, Boland, Hazlewood, Faulkner, Finch, MMarsh, SMarsh, Maxwell, Richardson, Paris, Wade

India ODI squad: MS Dhoni (capt), R Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Gurkeerat Singh, Rishi Dhawan, Barinder Sran

===

Who the **** is Barinder Sran? Also, no Watson. No Lyon either, which is ridiculous.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see they've gone the "Sorry you didn't get a Test debut, here's some free ODIs as an apology' route with Boland.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner, Bailey, Boland, Hazlewood, Faulkner, Finch, MMarsh, SMarsh, Maxwell, Richardson, Paris, Wade

So:

Finch
Warner
Smith
SMarsh
Maxwell
M.Marsh
Faulkner
Wade +
Quick
Quick
Hazelwood

Thought Voges might've gotten a run considering he was always a LO gun and now he's a test master. Would've liked a bit of Watto as well but I guess they're looking to the future with Faulkner and MMarsh

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Khawaja's got a handy List A record although I read something this morning about him and Burns being picked for the ODI's in New Zealand before the test series.

Spark

Global Moderator
Joe Burns pretty stiff too. It's not like any of these blokes are getting a serious break.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Stupid, stupid squad.

Smith with a dodgy knee still playing JAMODIs? Hazlewood, with workloads off the charts, kept in the squad when this is obviously a 'try out guys with an eye on 2019' series? I can only imagine that Rod Marsh got a lengthy spray from Brad McNamara about burger flipping.

Also Boland needs to piss off for Behrendorff or Sandhu. Literally no reason for him to be there.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Tue Jan 26 (20 ovs) 18:08 local (07:38 GMT | 08:38 CET)
1st T20I - Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

Fri Jan 29 (20 ovs) 19:38 local (08:38 GMT | 09:38 CET)
2nd T20I - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Jan 31 (20 ovs) 19:38 local (08:38 GMT | 09:38 CET)
3rd T20I - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground
These start times seem very specific.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hohns on ABC right now:

- Haze is probably only going to play the first two ODIs because they're at Brisbane and Perth, then will get rested
- No Lyon is because Maxwell is the spinner (uh) and they only want to play one spinner in the first few games
- Watson's Matador Cup form wasn't really good enough, and they have plenty of all-rounders
- Lynn may get a look later on in the series

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't Smith say he was going to miss the India ODIs anyway to recuperate?

On another note, I know he came second in the Matador tally, but Richardson is far too dire to be in this squad surely.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Richardson has been a consistently gun white ball bowler for quite a few years now, tbf.

He might fail and fail hard, but he deserves a chance. And I think we'd all rather he get that extended run in the side to prove (or disprove) himself now, rather than during the World Cup.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paris looks like he has a ton of potential based on what little I've seen of him. What's the cw view on him as a medium to long term prospect?