• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Paris looks like he has a ton of potential based on what little I've seen of him. What's the cw view on him as a medium to long term prospect?
I think the response to his career to date has been overwhelmingly positive. I think there were a few people on here who would have been happy enough for him to have got the Boland gig for the Tests, even though he'd only played the 2 FC games at that point.

I reckon he's a serious talent. Hopefully he's not made of glass.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Paris looks like he has a ton of potential based on what little I've seen of him. What's the cw view on him as a medium to long term prospect?
Yeah, I think he's gun. I would've picked Sandhu over Boland but Paris is a good pick; overall the bowling selections were pretty good.

Batting selections less good though. Smith should've been rested and I'd take both Watson and Lynn ahead of Marsh. I guess Watson's probably touch and go in terms of still being around in 2019 but I really would've liked to see Lynn in the side. I've been saying it for a while now but the sooner he gets into the Australian setup, the better.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Keep selecting guys like Smarsh and he might come good soon. But Lynn's a classier batsman and will be a longer term prospect. Smarsh is getting such a lucky run with the selectors.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keep selecting guys like Smarsh and he might come good soon. But Lynn's a classier batsman and will be a longer term prospect. Smarsh is getting such a lucky run with the selectors.
Marsh's ODI record is a lot better than you think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I guess overall the squad does have a good mixture of youth and experience but it feels as though we've blooded some bowlers with the World Cup in mind but we haven't done the same with the bats.

If you think that the World Cup is miles away
why not pick an experienced bowler like John Wayne Hastings who took 3/21 (10) in Australia's last ODI and consistently outperforms his Vic teammate Boland. If you think the World Cup preparation starts now don't select Bailey who ended up being reserve bat in Australia's World Cup win so should struggle to feature in 3 years time. Also, instead of going back to S.Marsh, blood a young bat like Lynn, Maddinson (ignoring Bash form) or Head.

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
Is this Faulkner's first game for Aus since the WC final last year? I feel like he's gone backwards in 2015.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I guess overall the squad does have a good mixture of youth and experience but it feels as though we've blooded some bowlers with the World Cup in mind but we haven't done the same with the bats.

If you think that the World Cup is miles away
why not pick an experienced bowler like John Wayne Hastings who took 3/21 (10) in Australia's last ODI and consistently outperforms his Vic teammate Boland. If you think the World Cup preparation starts now don't select Bailey who ended up being reserve bat in Australia's World Cup win so should struggle to feature in 3 years time. Also, instead of going back to S.Marsh, blood a young bat like Lynn, Maddinson (ignoring Bash form) or Head.
I didn't even really compute the fact that Bailey is in the squad. He should definitely be gone IMO.

adub

International Captain
Surely they're just trolling Boland with another couple of 13th man selections. Mad dog hasn't been great in the BBL but his Matador form surely demanded he get a go. Lynn also would be a guy who they should be looking to lock into the middle order for the future.

Not picking Usman is probably the biggest surprise for me. They guy has a great list A record and is in runs for fun mode atm. No better time to get him in as part of the nucleus of the side for 2019

Spark

Global Moderator
I guess they feel that Usman is a top three bat, and they're pushing Warner-Finch-Smith with SMarsh as backup until they die

cnerd123

likes this
Maybe they're being ****y and think the 2019 generation of batsmen will gain more from domestix than from salughtering India's bowling attack; while the 2019 generation of bowlers could learn from bowling to Virat at co.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe they're being ****y and think the 2019 generation of batsmen will gain more from domestix than from salughtering India's bowling attack; while the 2019 generation of bowlers could learn from bowling to Virat at co.
World T20 being so soon definitely has an impact too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't have a problem with the selection of SMarsh so long as he is a replacement for Warner when he takes time off for the birth of his kid as he is a very good short-form opener

However, if they see him (or Bailey) as a better middle-order prospect for the next WC than Lynn then that is just stupid