• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah seems to be Mohanty v 2.0

PS: Not a troll post. Mohanty was a decent ODI bowler.
He took plenty against Pakistan in those random ODIs we used to play in Canada. :D

Good times, eh? They didn't feel like JAMODIs back then. I miss the '90s.

Daemon

JAMODIs or not I still thought these were fun to watch.

But then again I'll watch any cricket these days.

cnerd123

likes this
Pandey WAG. Secured his spot in the side I hope.

I was chiding MSD for losing the game for us with that atrotiously slow knock, but then he hit that six, and then got out but ensured Pandey had the strike so he could get to his ton and hit the winning runs...WAG.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pandey WAG. Secured his spot in the side I hope.

I was chiding MSD for losing the game for us with that atrotiously slow knock, but then he hit that six, and then got out but ensured Pandey had the strike so he could get to his ton and hit the winning runs...WAG.
MSDs tactics were stupid. He was like *we have 50 overs to win this what's the rush*. Do dah do dah do dah. Then he gets dropped and if the catch had've been taken India would have lost due to the hole he had dug.

vcs

MSD's tactics worked more often than not when he was in his prime (can never forget that astonishing last over heist against Eranga in the WI), but he's simply not the player he was anymore.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
MSD's tactics worked more often than not when he was in his prime (can never forget that astonishing last over heist against Eranga in the WI), but he's simply not the player he was anymore.
So why doesn't he adapt.

From about the 46th over onwards he seemed to get a shift on. The first 20 balls of his inning were somewhere between ridiculous and inept.

OverratedSanity

MSDs tactics were stupid. He was like *we have 50 overs to win this what's the rush*. Do dah do dah do dah. Then he gets dropped and if the catch had've been taken India would have lost due to the hole he had dug.
He used to do this all the time before, only difference was he would pretty much always finish the match off too so no one could complain.

I really think his role needs to change now. He can be that guy at no.4 who can take the team through the middle overs and rebuild in case the top 2-3 fail. He's just not the finisher he used to be even a year back.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Chappell back with his anti Dhoni agenda.
When Australia beat South Africa, he went after Smith and called him negative.
When Australia beat England, he went after Cook and called him negative
He has gone after Dhoni in the past too.

It's like he waits for Australia to beat a team so that he can go after their captains and say how negative and defensive they are.

Ian Chappell: The dangers of overstaying your time as captain | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

In this piece, where he is back to praising Cook now (how easy was that) but you can tell his criticisms are totally motivated by agenda rather than anything substantial because now that he is praising the same Cook he had written off a year ago for being 'negative' and 'uninspiring', he can't really point out anything specific that Cook has done to start winning these games.

The point is that it was the same Cook who lost 0-5 in Australia, just like it's the same Dhoni who won the ODI series in 07-08.

Sometimes your strategies and moves work, sometimes they don't.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

lol Chappell is an idiot, but everything he says does come from the truth. He just stretches it and picks his targets, in a completely biased manner.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't have a problem with a genuine conversation on captaincy, in fact I am greatly interested in that topic myself.
But it's when you use dumb arguments like "when the opposition has racked up nearly 1300 runs in four ODI innings, it's not all down to flat pitches and wayward bowling." to make a point about Dhoni's captaincy, and no one really challenges that, it's annoying. If Dhoni is a poor captain because he conceded 1300 runs, then so is Steve Smith because his bowling attack (which everyone would agree was a tad better than India's resources) also conceded the same amount of runs? It doesn't make sense.

Dhoni might/might not be a good captain. I am open to both sides of the conversation. But conceding 1300 runs in 5 games is not a good argument.

TheJediBrah

I don't have a problem with a genuine conversation on captaincy, in fact I am greatly interested in that topic myself.
But it's when you use dumb arguments like "when the opposition has racked up nearly 1300 runs in four ODI innings, it's not all down to flat pitches and wayward bowling." to make a point about Dhoni's captaincy, and no one really challenges that, it's annoying. If Dhoni is a poor captain because he conceded 1300 runs, then so is Steve Smith because his bowling attack (which everyone would agree was a tad better than India's resources) also conceded the same amount of runs? It doesn't make sense.

Dhoni might/might not be a good captain. I am open to both sides of the conversation. But conceding 1300 runs in 5 games is not a good argument.
no arguments here

he's a clown

91Jmay

International Coach

It's like he waits for Australia to beat a team so that he can go after their captains and say how negative and defensive they are.

Ian Chappell: The dangers of overstaying your time as captain | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

In this piece, where he is back to praising Cook now (how easy was that) but you can tell his criticisms are totally motivated by agenda rather than anything substantial because now that he is praising the same Cook he had written off a year ago for being 'negative' and 'uninspiring', he can't really point out anything specific that Cook has done to start winning these games.

The point is that it was the same Cook who lost 0-5 in Australia, just like it's the same Dhoni who won the ODI series in 07-08.

I can't believe you can be watching Cook and think he is captaining with the same style/strategies. He has clearly changed the way he approaches the game.

Gob

International Coach

And sometimes they can improve unlike your posting.