• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this a record partnership?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, it does, because had it been gone for and taken Ponting would not have scored more than 17 or something.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
DJellett said:
Vinod Kambli and Tendulkar put on over 600 (664 i think) in a first grade game, but i think that the Waugh's is the best First Class.
That's the best partnership in any game of cricket in which records survive.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I heard somewhere that Hayden was dropped on 330odd.
I read and heard similar things - I also heard he was trapped lbw 1st ball.
Someone who watched the entire innings has confirmed the falsity of these claims.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yes, it does, because had it been gone for and taken Ponting would not have scored more than 17 or something.
My bad, I meant it didn't make a difference whether someone went for it and dropped it or both left it to each other.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Someone who watched the entire innings has confirmed the falsity of these claims.
Well when I heard it, it was reported on the local news and on Fox Sports News - 335 I think they said.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
No he was actualy passed 100 at the time.

It was the first session of the new day and Ponting was past 100 and Nehra was bowling to him.

He was never droped before that or though there were two reasonable LBW shouts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I must be getting two innings mixed-up.
I certainly remember the Nehra-Patel drop (or leave) now you mention it, but I'm sure he was missed on 17 in one of the two double-centuries.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
I must be getting two innings mixed-up.
I certainly remember the Nehra-Patel drop (or leave) now you mention it, but I'm sure he was missed on 17 in one of the two double-centuries.
You are.

It was his adelade innings were Shewag droped a tough chance off Pathan when he was on 17.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It wasn't straightforward, but it should have been taken.
Craig and I stand corrected.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Richard said:
He was dropped on 330-odd, I saw it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dropped?
Or do you mean someone running back got a finger on a lofted shot and had no chance of catching it as it sailed over the rope?