• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this a record partnership?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
Just noticed this thread.

Richard, big innings are very rarely faultless.
I seriously suggest you edit that.
Big innings are never faultless - except the Bradman 254 at Lord's in 1930. Like him, that was an exception.
Chanceless and faultless are completely different.
A chance normally results in dismissal. But faultless is unrealistic.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Name a handful of 200+ innings in recent times, ie last 15 years.
And your point and the objective out of this outcome?

I dont think I can say for last 15 years as I havent followed cricket that long.

I can do say last 3-5 years to make it easier.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
OK, then, name some in the last 5 years.
What faultless 200+? These are innings I have seen

VVS Laxman 281 v Australia at Kolkata
G Kirsten 275 v England at Durban
ME Trescothick 219 (dont recall a drop) v RSA at The Oval
R Dravid 233 v Australia at Adelaide
R Dravid 219 (dont recall a drop) v England at The oval
RT Ponting 242 v India at Adelaide
BC Lara 200 odd (dont recall a drop) v RSA at Jo'burg
Hayden 203 v India at Chenni (dont recall a drop)
Not sure of Ponting's second double ton at Melbourne

These are innings that are off the top of my head and what I have seen. There have been others, but I have seen so I cant put it in.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
What faultless 200+? These are innings I have seen

VVS Laxman 281 v Australia at Kolkata
G Kirsten 275 v England at Durban
ME Trescothick 219 (dont recall a drop) v RSA at The Oval
R Dravid 233 v Australia at Adelaide
R Dravid 219 (dont recall a drop) v England at The oval
RT Ponting 242 v India at Adelaide
BC Lara 200 odd (dont recall a drop) v RSA at Jo'burg
Hayden 203 v India at Chenni (dont recall a drop)
Not sure of Ponting's second double ton at Melbourne

These are innings that are off the top of my head and what I have seen. There have been others, but I have seen so I cant put it in.
Hayden's 380 for a start.
Lara's double-ton at The Wanderers, though, definately did include a drop by Pollock off Ntini on just 15. Brilliant innings after that, but sadly wouldn't have happened if Pollock's hands had been in order.
Ponting was definately dropped in the double-ton at The MCG, I remember it well - early on again.
Craig, maybe you'd better make it clear to Tom that you don't really think these innings were without false strokes.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
Lara's double-ton at The Wanderers, though, definately did include a drop by Pollock off Ntini on just 15. Brilliant innings after that, but sadly wouldn't have happened if Pollock's hands had been in order.
Ponting was definately dropped in the double-ton at The MCG, I remember it well - early on again.
Craig, maybe you'd better make it clear to Tom that you don't really think these innings were without false strokes.
Saw about 10 balls of Hayden's 380 so I cant include that. In fact I saw about 10 balls in that whole Test!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You didn't miss much worth seeing if you ask me. :rolleyes:
A typical strong-weak boring game. Still, Zimbabwe did better than you might have expected in both innings.

Craig

World Traveller
So you got to see Hayden's 380 Richard? Would have been in the wee hours of the morning...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, dozed on and off.
It was about 7:30 AM when he played the stroke that broke the record.
Didn't enjoy a single ball of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Then you, sir, are a strange little man! :P
Like anyone who enjoys watching Hayden bat!

DJellett

International Debutant
Vinod Kambli and Tendulkar put on over 600 (664 i think) in a first grade game, but i think that the Waugh's is the best First Class.

Swervy

International Captain
DJellett said:
Vinod Kambli and Tendulkar put on over 600 (664 i think) in a first grade game, but i think that the Waugh's is the best First Class.
I think Kambli and Tendulkar did that in a school game (I think both were only 14yrs old)

Craig

World Traveller
Two years later SRT was playing Test cricket and Imran Khan refused to bowl bumpers at him.

About 5-7 years later Kambli flayed England in 1992-93.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
Ponting's was not droped but it should have been cought if that make s any sense.

The ball split first slip and the keeper but nether go anywere nere catching it strangly.

The exact same thing happend with Tendulkar (may have been Dravid not sure)