cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Virender SehWAAAAAAHHHHHHg - upset at how he was dropped

Virender SehWAAAAAAHHHHHHg - upset at how he was dropped

Sehwag 'hurt' by his ouster from India team | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Solid wahh from the great man.

I was actually at the Hyderabad test when he got out, and at that time I had no idea it was his last knock ever. Still surprises me as it doesn't seem that long ago that he was dropped.

Best bit is his quote about wanting to bat in the middle order and how Sachin wouldn't move from 4:

"I told the management [about wanting to bat lower down] but they felt that I was still good enough to play as an opener and they didn't want to take chances with the opening pair. I tried my best but could not get an opportunity in the middle order," he said. "When I played my last series, Tendulkar was still there, Kohli and Dhoni were there. Pujara was playing as the No. 3 batsman. Tendulkar was playing at 4, Kohli at 5 and it meant that I had to bat at No. 6 after Tendulkar as you could not ask him to bat at No. 3 or 5. So, there was no chance for me to bat in the middle order."

!!!

Considering India has never properly replaced Ganguly at #6, do you think Sehwag should have been considered lower order with either him or someone else moving to 6? Or was Sehwag removed from the test team at the precise right time?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Literally who?

Would have been funny to see him at 6 for a test only to be dropped for Rahane tbf
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Talk about sour grapes

awesome player though. I still remember being nervous when a Test series against India would come up and they'd have a batting line-up of Sehwag, someone, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman and wondering how the **** we were supposed to take 20 wickets. Wouldn't have been anywhere near as intimidating without Sehwag at the top.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    He was dropped at the right time, though he'd still be pretty handy at home now, would take him ahead of Dhawan and Dravid jr.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    A lot of these legends were not treated properly by Dhoni and co. If they are not going to have them in team, discuss with them and see if they can be given a proper farewell and can retire at their own terms. It was almost like Dhoni wanted his yes men in the team and apart from Sachin got all past legends out one by one.

This is almost a random hypothetical at this point but hands up, who of you'd rather have Sehwag over Rohit Sharma at No. 6 for the second half of 2016 when we're playing a ****load of home tests in spinning conditions?
    Last edited by Teja.; 01-01-2016 at 02:34 AM.
    zorax and Shady Slim like this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    This is almost a random hypothetical at this point but hands up, who of you'd rather have Sehwag over Rohit Sharma at No. 6 for the second half of 2016 when we're playing a ****load of home tests in spinning conditions?
    Ex post facto yes

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    He has learnt from KP about how to waaaaah like a king.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Not the first time he's had a cry. Doubt it'll be the last either.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    A lot of these legends were not treated properly by Dhoni and co. If they are not going to have them in team, discuss with them and see if they can be given a proper farewell and can retire at their own terms. It was almost like Dhoni wanted his yes men in the team and apart from Sachin got all past legends out one by one.

Absolute BS. He was dropped coz he sucked and there was no sign of an improvement happening in the near future.
    sscomp32 likes this.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Absolute BS. He was dropped coz he sucked and there was no sign of an improvement happening in the near future.
    Keep crying. Any one who argues with any thing which affects your love of CSK players, you will cry a river.

Cricket Champion!
    Sehwag GOAT potential thwarted by sneaky Sachin.
    smalishah84 likes this.
    ★★★★★

Mohinder Amarnath was part of the selection committee which decided to remove Dhoni from captaincy. However, BCCI outlawed it. It is no secret Dhoni got the team he wanted. Whether that's right or wrong is a different issue. However, when people try to discount it and try to convince themselves the reason the senior players were removed was just form, it's hilarious. Sehwag was a great player and the reason he is talking now is that he thought he was unfairly treated. I thought Laxman was poorly treater similarly.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    He was going through a terrible run of form, no? I remember being okay with him being dropped.
    zorax and honestbharani like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information