• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player transfer system?

Compton

International Debutant
Only way this could work would be to have a dedicated outcasts side playing Test Cricket.

Try and explain to the associate sides why that's better than letting them play.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What is it with cricket that there needs to be legions of idiots coming up with stupid ideas to "fix" a game that doesn't need fixing?
We're talking test cricket right? And tests in Australia against the WIs that are over in 3 days and no one is bothering to turn up to? Yeh?

I was going to go to day three MCG but why would I bother considering how insipid the WIs are.

Now imagine the WIs are allowed two players from other nations to play in their test team, and they have Michael Klinger and Ed Cowan playing for them. Suddenly they are more competitive, and people are more interested in attending the match to see how it pans out. Crowd figures increase, it's a better contest, more players the world over who deserve to play tests are getting a shot, the WIs get some much needed experience and leadership.

91Jmay

International Coach
We're talking test cricket right? And tests in Australia against the WIs that are over in 3 days and no one is bothering to turn up to? Yeh?

I was going to go to day three MCG but why would I bother considering how insipid the WIs are.

Now imagine the WIs are allowed two players from other nations to play in their test team, and they have Michael Klinger and Ed Cowan playing for them. Suddenly they are more competitive, and people are more interested in attending the match to see how it pans out. Crowd figures increase, it's a better contest, more players the world over who deserve to play tests are getting a shot, the WIs get some much needed experience and leadership.
If I am the West Indies and one of the players I am allowed is Ed Cowan I'd be pretty ****ing filthy.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah absolutely. There's basically a cap of how good you're allowed to be before you don't play for Zimbabwe or Ireland.

If anything I'd like to see less of this; not more.
Ya but unfair to blame 'Big Three' for this. ...don't remember any Zimbabwean or Irish playing for India

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's a horrible idea and makes no sense as these are INTERNATIONAL matches.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's a horrible idea and makes no sense as these are INTERNATIONAL matches.
Urgh. Yeh, let's not consider ideas slightly left of centre and out of the box that might reinvigorate test cricket because CAPITALS.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

yeah turn WI into an australian domestic side and see how many west indians are interested in following them

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ya but unfair to blame 'Big Three' for this. ...don't remember any Zimbabwean or Irish playing for India
Yeah India's a separate problem in that there's a cap on how good a T20 cricketer you can be before you stop playing for the West Indies. Although to be fair a bunch of them play in the Big Bash as well so I'm not sure nuking the IPL would fully solve that problem.

In some respects it's hard to lay much blame on the Big Three given it shouldn't be on them to do anything outside their own self-interest, but the problem with that is that they've assumed control over international cricket talking a big game about how it'll work to everyone's advantage, so they're having it both ways.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Urgh. Yeh, let's not consider ideas slightly left of centre and out of the box that might reinvigorate test cricket because CAPITALS.
The capitals are there to point out the major flaw. Test matches are played between international sides, not scratch teams.

The idea has literally no redeeming feature.

Tom Flint

International Regular
How many top players are there out there who haven't retired from test cricket, yet have no chance of selection for their national side?
Pieterson, carberry and paine spring to mind. David miller possibly. I can't think of many more who this system would apply to who would actually improve the lesser teams

Last edited: