• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 Final Test Rankings - Steve Smith #1, Williamson #2, Voges #11

TNT

Banned
Aussies can justify making roads if they can back it up with away wins against decent teams.. I rate their victory against SA highly but not sure if it's enough to wash off shambles that occurred in England/ uae/ India

Teams consistently scoring 500-600 per 5

How can it be any good? How long before runs in Australia will stop counting altogether?
So did Englands 3-2 win over Australia wash off their 5-0 loss in Australia, Australia losing a couple of series overseas is no biggie, it has to happen and that's how cricket works. Sometimes you are the windscreen and sometimes you are the bug.

You are free to stop counting runs in Australia anytime you like, you can even backdate it if you really want.

Spark

Global Moderator
So did Englands 3-2 win over Australia wash off their 5-0 loss in Australia, Australia losing a couple of series overseas is no biggie, it has to happen and that's how cricket works. Sometimes you are the windscreen and sometimes you are the bug.

You are free to stop counting runs in Australia anytime you like, you can even backdate it if you really want.
"a couple"

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussies can justify making roads if they can back it up with away wins against decent teams.. I rate their victory against SA highly but not sure if it's enough to wash off shambles that occurred in England/ uae/ India

Teams consistently scoring 500-600 per 5

How can it be any good? How long before runs in Australia will stop counting altogether?
consistently? need to look up your definition for that champ. And Australia are taking 20 wickets in the vast majority of games. Other than Aus the number of times "teams" have scored 500-600 per 5 recently has been, like, once iirc. If that.

Horrendous post

"a couple"
Tbh they haven't had an trouble winning in Sri Lanka, New Zealand or South Africa recently. In fact haven't even come close to not-winning in any of those countries in the entire time I've been watching cricket, over 15 years.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
Away records for the last five years

Australia won 10 lost 14
NZ 7 15
England 6 13
India 4 16
SA 7 4

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No one's argued that Australia don't prepare roads though.

What hb was arguing though was... actually, I don't know what hb was arguing, he seemed to contradict himself every few posts.
NOt that hard to get, realy.

My original argument was that the Aussie performances are not necessarily better than anyone who has been aided by favorable conditions at home, coz the Aussies have had just the same help. I responded to your post where you asked "why" will Aussies prepare such tracks wilfully to help them and I pointed out the reasons why they could. Of course, couple of posters quoted them out of context and it went from there.

TheJediBrah

Away records for the last five years

Australia won 10 lost 14
NZ 7 15
England 6 13
India 4 16
SA 7 4
now I find that really surprising. Do South Africa just not play many Tests or is that because they draw so many?

TNT

Banned
Tbh they haven't had an trouble winning in Sri Lanka, New Zealand or South Africa recently. In fact haven't even come close to not-winning in any of those countries in the entire time I've been watching cricket, over 15 years.
Don't forget the West Indies, Australia have only lost away series in a "couple" of places being India and England. they have also lost one series in a neutral venue. Apparently this is all the curators fault.

TheJediBrah

Don't forget the West Indies, Australia have only lost away series in a "couple" of places being India and England. they have also lost one series in a neutral venue. Apparently this is all the curators fault.
It's funny because judging by posts on this forum you'd think Australia were the worst touring side in the history of the game, but realistically they're not even the worst currently. In fact they're the second best.

I still think we really need to improve in England and India specifically before we can count ourselves the outright no.1 side in the world. Even if that just means drawing series or not losing so badly, because going down 4-0 in India is never good enough. (I know that was a very different side, but still).

Chrish

International Debutant
It's funny because judging by posts on this forum you'd think Australia were the worst touring side in the history of the game, but realistically they're not even the worst currently. In fact they're the second best.

I still think we really need to improve in England and India specifically before we can count ourselves the outright no.1 side in the world. Even if that just means drawing series or not losing so badly, because going down 4-0 in India is never good enough. (I know that was a very different side, but still).
No team travels well nowadays barring SA (which has just recently changed).. And having a home advantage is also nothing new. It's just that OZ wickets make their batsmen look lot better than they actually are ( as proven by their oversea records). If they create wickets with some life in it (like the last one vs NZ), less people would be dissatisfied

TNT

Banned
No team travels well nowadays barring SA (which has just recently changed).. And having a home advantage is also nothing new. It's just that OZ wickets make their batsmen look lot better than they actually are ( as proven by their oversea records). If they create wickets with some life in it (like the last one vs NZ), less people would be dissatisfied
Kane Williamson averages over 60 in NZ and 30 in England 36 in India and 10 in SA. and all at SR of 40 Are people dissatisfied with KW. I don't know which Australian batsmen you are talking about but if Voges had a bad series in England do we call all Aussies bats poor, look at India when they played a five test series in "England, all their batsmen failed, at least some of the Aussie bats scored.

OverratedSanity

Kane Williamson averages over 60 in NZ and 30 in England 36 in India and 10 in SA. and all at SR of 40 Are people dissatisfied with KW. I don't know which Australian batsmen you are talking about but if Voges had a bad series in England do we call all Aussies bats poor, look at India when they played a five test series in "England, all their batsmen failed, at least some of the Aussie bats scored.
What no they didn't. Vijay was awesome,and Rahane scored one of the best hundreds in the last 5 years. It's slim pickings though yes.