• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Come back of Yuvraj Singh in Indian Team

Niall

International Coach
Absurd that he is been brought back.

Produced one of the worst limited overs innings ever in the world cup final last year and has been very meh in the IPL over last few years.

I love the dude and would be happy for him to be proven wrong, but think its a horror call.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Nehra is also making his come back.

Has gunned it in the IPL to be fair recently, he deserves a look before the world cup.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I'd rather Yusuf Pathan than Yuvraj at this point. He's past it and that innings against SL was ATG bad.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think Yuvraj Singh more than any other player I have witnessed was guilty of reading his own press.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah he had a good Vijay Hazare Trophy but whatever I saw last year didn't fill me up with confidence. Let's see how he does.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you had asked me after that world t20 final whether yuvi would play for India again I'd have said no way. This is surprising and quite funny

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think people are failing to realize that the Indian batting order is too one-dimensional. It's filled with batsmen who are quality but require certain batting positions and situations in order for them to maximize their ability. Yuvraj might not be the best pick, but he certainly isn't the worst pick either. Let's not forget that Dhawan hasn't done **** in T20's so far, Rohit Sharma and Rahane have also really only clicked in the IPL, Dhoni needs to bat up the order to be useful, so no one can really complain about getting dropped/not being picked, apart from Raina perhaps, which is ironic.

In any case he's come back on merit and not nostalgia, so really can't have any complaints imo.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any bloke who hits Stuart Broad for 36 in an over must by definition be good enough to have a place for as long as he wants it