• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Shah tests positive for banned substance

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Exactly. People who have no experience with just how ****ed up certain things are in certain Asian countries should seriously stop making posts like this -

I mean, I'm not saying idiots like Amir and Yasir should be treated any differently, but it smacks of ignorance and a lack of cultural awareness to suggest that these guys aren't more susceptible to dumb ****.
yasir isn't your average man from pakistan with no education on the matter or access to people who can guide him on the matter. he is a top level sportsman, supported by top drawer medical staff who will be advising him and his teammates what they can and cannot take into their system.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
yasir isn't your average man from pakistan with no education on the matter or access to people who can guide him on the matter. he is a top level sportsman, supported by top drawer medical staff who will be advising him and his teammates what they can and cannot take into their system.
So Shah is claiming he took his wifes BP medication. What an idiot. :laugh:

Deserves a ban.

TNT

Banned
Warne got a year for pretty much the same thing.

But Yasir isn't from a Big 3 nation, and since he's a Pakistani . . . 4 years ban thx
You didn't mention the punishment handed out to Ahktar and Asif for steroids, since they are Pakistani.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Given the logic for bringing back Amir so soon is that he is "better" than the other fast bowlers in Pakistan, they could well do something like that, given Yasir is perhaps better than most spinners in the world, leave alone Pakistan.

Tom Flint

International Regular
This may sound stupid but what can a leg spinner gain from taking steroids? Was it build to him up to help him return from injury quicker?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
This may sound stupid but what can a leg spinner gain from taking steroids? Was it build to him up to help him return from injury quicker?
Tbh I'm leaning towards innocent mistake on this; but yea steroids can help injury recovery and Yasir was injured before the series began, so...

smash84

The Tiger King
Tbh I'm leaning towards innocent mistake on this; but yea steroids can help injury recovery and Yasir was injured before the series began, so...
You must be freaking kidding me? Innocent mistake that you take your wife's blood pressure medication? Bull ****ing ****.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Injury recovery is one thing. And strengthening the muscles in his bowling arm letting him get more action. He certainly looks like he works out.