• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Shah tests positive for banned substance

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which drug did he take and what does it do?
supposedly chlorthalidone, diuretic used to "mask" use of more sinister PEDs

can never be sure about these things though. Cricket SL are still going with the Bug Repellent story for their guy lmao

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I went to a skin doctor a year back and the medicine he recommended had steroids. Luckily for me, I saw the contents and didn't take it. It's true standards are crap in subcontinent but that's no excuse.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
supposedly chlorthalidone, diuretic used to "mask" use of more sinister PEDs

can never be sure about these things though. Cricket SL are still going with the Bug Repellent story for their guy lmao
It's quite annoying how boards make every thing an issue of national pride.

TheJediBrah

*sigh*

topical corticosteroids =/= injected systemic anabolic steroids

In order to test positive after using a skin cream you'd have to buy about 30 tubes, isolate the active ingredient (which would probably be ****ing impossible) then inject it all directly into your veins.

Daemon

Won't be handing out sympathy points for not being smart enough to realize that match fixing is not the right thing to do.
Fair enough. I'm not saying the act is any less wrong, but the factors that lend to this type of behaviour are more stacked in certain cases. The treatment should be the same though imo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Um, pretty sure many skin creams have steroids and are in fact helpful.
*sigh*

topical corticosteroids =/= injected systemic anabolic steroids

In order to test positive after using a skin cream you'd have to buy about 30 tubes, isolate the active ingredient (which would probably be ****ing impossible) then inject it all directly into your veins.
Ok. I was ignorant on this but thought better not to use the cream.

TNT

Banned
It's quite annoying how boards make every thing an issue of national pride.
I remember how upset the Pakistan team were that by Hair calling them for ball tampering because it was implying that they cheated. Since then we have Asif and Ahktar doing drugs, Ajmal & Hafeeze chucking, Butt, Asif and Amir spot fixing, Kaneria banned and now Yasir. But in its normal proactive way the PCB has made all the players sign a document ensuring they will play alongside convicted spot fixers. Some one has to make a movie about this team, non cricket followers need to see what happens in Pakistan cricket.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I went to a skin doctor a year back and the medicine he recommended had steroids. Luckily for me, I saw the contents and didn't take it. It's true standards are crap in subcontinent but that's no excuse.
Ah ffs, let the doctors do their ****ing job. You can't hack cricket, you aren't going to hack medicine.

Burner

International Regular
ATG post this. It's the genuine 'doctors can't **** with me' sentiment posted in the most deadset serious tone that makes it hilarious.

Burner

International Regular
I would have done the same thing though. Didn't know skin cream had steroids in it, good or bad.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
A lot of treatments have steoids but a top sportsman, and their backroom staff, will know this as it has implications.

The sportsman would know to ask a doctor as well.