• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should the cricket world call it stumps for West Indies cricket?

Should the cricket world call it stumps for West Indies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
A thread similarly for SL cricket needs to be made. As much as I love black caps putting on a great show what's going on in the ODIs is disappointing. We got to their total in 9 overs, imagine if we batted first?

Slifer

International Captain
all the problems with WI cricket and you think swapping one bowler for a batsman will change anything? talk about rearranging deckchairs
Bro, maybe it won't make a difference but they've gone with this combo.for like several straight tests and it hasn't worked. And I'm well aware of the greater problems plaguing wi cricket. If u and your cohorts have better ideas I'm all ears

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Bro, maybe it won't make a difference but they've gone with this combo.for like several straight tests and it hasn't worked. And I'm well aware of the greater problems plaguing wi cricket. If u and your cohorts have better ideas I'm all ears
it hasn't worked because the batsmen aren't scoring runs and the bowlers aren't taking wickets not because it's a bad team structure. It's like saying a house is poorly built because of the colour used to paint it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this WI team right now will still challenge Pak/NZ/SL/Eng etc. and get the better of it on their good days

Right now Holder and Taylor are bowling seriously well with new ball

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:huh:

I am assuming you haven't seen pak/nz/eng play recently
yeah seen them all

in fact less than a year ago this WI team drew 1-1 with England in a Test series . . .

and NZ just toured here and while they are still a better Test team than WI, an inform WI will challenge them

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
WIndies still took a Test off us when we toured there last, ditto England.

They've got incompetent and stubborn management system which is ruining development and alienating good players to T20 leagues. We don't need to get rid of the West Indies as a team, but the hierarchy that has presided over this ****fest.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Australia tend to win comfortably in home conditions against any country that isn't ready or lacking in standard in general. But without countries like West Indies, or Sri Lanka or New Zealand test cricket would lose so much more as far as I'm concerned. I mean watching when Braithwaite took that wicket today the celebration was infectious.
Of course lots of players celebrate with flare after a wicket, but with some countries who have been at low levels, they find joy by more pure means than just success.

91Jmay

International Coach
Australia lost 7 tests in a row a couple of years ago, most of which were absolute hammerings..

England got 5-0 whitewashed in two away Ashes out of the last 3

India have turned in some of the worst away performances in Test history.

Playing away from home is hard and when your first class domestic competition is semi professional (at best) and your administrators are incompetent it becomes impossible.

Slifer

International Captain
Australia lost 7 tests in a row a couple of years ago, most of which were absolute hammerings..

England got 5-0 whitewashed in two away Ashes out of the last 3

India have turned in some of the worst away performances in Test history.

Playing away from home is hard and when your first class domestic competition is semi professional (at best) and your administrators are incompetent it becomes impossible.
Awta...but calling the wicb incompetent is a bit of a compliment; they are worst than that!!!