• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Stuart Broad that good?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am still traumatized by what he did to India in that tour of 2011. Especially that test match where India had a lead and Yuvraj and Dravid were batting and then Broad happened.

I agree with the OP. Broad is someone who will excel when he gets everything go right for him but as soon as there is a bit of hard work required he will go MIA. He does strike me as a bit of a pretty boy and a general poonce though so to be honest I'm not that surprised that he rarely features when the going gets tough. He's the kind of guy who you look at and say why on earth are you out there? He gives the impression that he would be much better suited with a powdered nose serving semi-edible bacon and eggs on a BA 777 with the rest of the girls.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I agree with the OP. Broad is someone who will excel when he gets everything go right for him but as soon as there is a bit of hard work required he will go MIA. He does strike me as a bit of a pretty boy and a general poonce though so to be honest I'm not that surprised that he rarely features when the going gets tough. He's the kind of guy who you look at and say why on earth are you out there? He gives the impression that he would be much better suited with a powdered nose serving semi-edible bacon and eggs on a BA 777 with the rest of the girls.
like in the 5-0 flogging england copped in australia when he took 18 wickets and was the only consistent threat for england with the ball?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Outstanding

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
is that really ban-worthy? He made a few dumb jokes but nothing too offensive. Mods on this forum are a little strict I think

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not while he's taking 8/15 against them they wont!!

We only started liking Ponting when he turned to ****.