• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Mentions

cnerd123

likes this
I remember being very early on the Shakib hype train (back when he was bossing U19 cricket), but that was probably on PlanetCricket and not CW.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brad Haddin In my oppinion is one of the cleanest hitters in world Cricket I think hes got a future in ODI cricket oppening the batting like Gilchrist.

Pitty his keeping isent a little better because that what is holding him back from becoming the next test keeper.
An early Hadds prediction

Also noticed a few Indian posters around 2002 talking about Rayudu being the next GOAT, lel.

cnerd123

likes this
An early Hadds prediction

Also noticed a few Indian posters around 2002 talking about Rayudu being the next GOAT, lel.
Easy mistake to make. Rayudu was remarkable for a few seasons in Ranji. And tbf he's never been a great limited overs player, and all we've seen of him is IPL and ODIs. Can consider himself unlucky to have never played Tests. Kinda like Badrinath, born a few years too soon.

Gnske

Peter Fulton of NZ is just 23,and already has a triple century.He has alot of promise,and with 1 or 2 more seasons of domestic cricket,I reckon he has a good(if not great)chance of getting into the Black Caps.
Disaster

Gnske

Mitchell Johnson from Queensland apparently is rated quicker than Brett Lee was at the same age. He's injury-prone, though. Apparently off 5 paces with stress fractures in his back just rolling his arm over, he got clocked at 138km/h. Now that's quick!

And I agree with Andre's other; Shane Watson looks pretty bloody good but comparing him to Keith Miller is a bit unfair. He's much more technically correct with the bat and way more consistent with the ball. He may not be as explosive but give him time and I reckon he'll make Miller's record look pretty orinary in comparison.

As a guy who's played against Paul Rofe, I can tell you this guy can BOWL. Give it time when he steps up in pace a little and he'll have as meteoric a rise as Jason Gillespie. Similarly built (maybe even thinner.......), similar in pace at the same stage in their careers with a similar trajectory, he'll be an Aussieplayer soon I'm sure.
Some quality stuff from this place a decade ago, it seemed so innocent.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh man Gnske is going to go nuts with this thread. Loves a hindsight dig.

A few interesting ones to look for but i'm too lazy to do:

- Khawaja
- Chandimal
- Steyn

Gnske

Nah I'm a man of moderation so I'll leave it there. One question though

Pakistan won't really be a punt bet at the next WC, but I'll definitely put some money on them.
How loaded were you after this?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've got Baaboi Apparajith locked down

WW probably has the next decade of Windies players

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja for me since he debuted. Hoping that he really comes good. And, let me lock down Arman Jaffer here. Looks like he will be playing for India in 10 years.