• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

Day Man

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Someone to ask Darren Sammy how much their junior team who didn't whine about their pay get paid.

Flem274*

123/5
???

India did far worse against West Indies then what Bangladesh did. Bangladesh destroy their quick bowlers prior to the tournament, so they are not hacks. Also, Bangladesh toured South Africa last year where they won the series 5-2, so that proves they can play good pace bowling. But with your theory, I guess we can say teams such as New Zealand, Australia and South Africa are hacks since they are unable to handle good quality spin bowling. Invalid comment I must say.
So, Bangladesh have done far better than what India have done against this West Indies side. They couldn't even score 150. What did Bangladesh score against their pace bowlers? thank-you. So, losing to them wasn't really a big deal. At least Bangladesh won against Sri Lanka to prove that they did not achieve a 3rd place due to any easy route by only facing South Africa as a major force (other teams were Namibia, Scotland and Nepal). Can't say much about either New Zealand or South Africa who couldn't even make it to the plate finals :laugh:

It's good to see though West Indies win it since I don't think anyone predicted they would win it before the tournament started. However, I still think they are shouldn't have made the 1/8 in the first place because of their controversial win over Zimbabwe. Everyone predicted India will win it. Shame.
all together now

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
What about the security issue regarding this tournament Australia? :cool:

It went 100% safe. Not only that, but the tournament was a hit! – one of the best in under-19s history. It was an unpredictable tournament – that's for sure. Australia can't runaway forever. They still owe Bangladesh a full bilateral series (2 Tests and 5 ODIs) even if it's held in a neutral venue along with Bangladesh's tour down under next year. It's been too long. Good news is that the "big 3" will be disbanded, so pity Australia for abusing your power. Just saying.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
WI have beaten Pakistan, Bangladesh and India to take the trophy. They deserve it.
But I think India, Pakistan and WI cheated by sending their national team players in disguise to play in the U19 World Cup.

I am pretty sure that's the reason Kohli is not playing in Sri Lanka and I think I saw him with disguise in one of the games. Same goes for WI (Guess where Lara was when not playing in those MCL games)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What about the security issue regarding this tournament Australia? :cool:

It went 100% safe. Not only that, but the tournament was a hit! – one of the best in under-19s history. It was an unpredictable tournament – that's for sure. Australia can't runaway forever. They still owe Bangladesh a full bilateral series (2 Tests and 5 ODIs) even if it's held in a neutral venue along with Bangladesh's tour down under next year. It's been too long. Good news is that the "big 3" will be disbanded, so pity Australia for abusing your power. Just saying.
3/10

cnerd123

likes this
Can't wait till Mayank Dagar breaks through to the Indian side. He's gonna give the team some much needed *** appeal.

Day Man

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
An energetic supporter being on cloud nine when his team does not win a tournament (at home!) is a sure sign that his team isn't yet as good as the one's who have already done it.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Who do you think can make it in the senior team in the next few years? Joseph, holder, hetmyer and Imlach looked good to me
Joseph will be playing tests this year, barring injury. He is so good. Holder will probably play tests but not for another couple of years. He will be frighteningly quick then if he develops at this rate.

Hetmeyer and Imlach have a chance as we struggle to find an opening partner for Kraigg and Ramdin hasn't set the world alight recently.

I have a suspicion Karty will be an excellent batsman in the longer form of the game. He has a great technique and concetration levels and top scored in our domestic under 19 competition. He only performed in the final in this tournament but I just have a feeling he will end up playing tests.

Stace

First Class Debutant
So, Bangladesh have done far better than what India have done against this West Indies side. They couldn't even score 150. What did Bangladesh score against their pace bowlers? thank-you. So, losing to them wasn't really a big deal. At least Bangladesh won against Sri Lanka to prove that they did not achieve a 3rd place due to any easy route by only facing South Africa as a major force (other teams were Namibia, Scotland and Nepal). Can't say much about either New Zealand or South Africa who couldn't even make it to the plate finals :laugh:

It's good to see though West Indies win it since I don't think anyone predicted they would win it before the tournament started. However, I still think they are shouldn't have made the 1/8 in the first place because of their controversial win over Zimbabwe. Everyone predicted India will win it. Shame.
It doesn't mean Bangladesh are any better then India just because they scored more runs against WI in a defeat, England scored bucket loads against them and won but I would back India to beat England.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
It's pretty awesome that a lot of the U19 "minnows" are competitive and actually making it further and further into the tournaments at youth level, it's how now do you wrap better support, coaching and playing opportunities to the youth talent to have that filter throw to more competitive associate teams who can make a case to be included as a full playing member.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Joseph will be playing tests this year, barring injury. He is so good. Holder will probably play tests but not for another couple of years. He will be frighteningly quick then if he develops at this rate.

Hetmeyer and Imlach have a chance as we struggle to find an opening partner for Kraigg and Ramdin hasn't set the world alight recently.

I have a suspicion Karty will be an excellent batsman in the longer form of the game. He has a great technique and concetration levels and top scored in our domestic under 19 competition. He only performed in the final in this tournament but I just have a feeling he will end up playing tests.
What about Pope and Springer, surely they must be thoughts for limited-overs? I can see Pope being poached for T20 though, hope he wants to play International cricket.

It's a tricky one this for the Windies, they're clearly in a terrible state and these players look really talented, but you don't want to wreck their careers by pushing them in too young.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I thought Imlach would have a chance as for a keeper to open the batting he must be fancied as a proper batsman. And West Indies have been desperate for keeper batsmen for years
Karty played very sensibly in the final and looked like he at least has the temperament for the longer game
What about chanderpaul's son tagenarine? I see he scored a double recently, is he expected to break into the senior team?