• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
who cares, that's India's loss tbh. U-19s is there to help develop and give experience to their younger players, if they've got 20+ year olds playing it just robs the 17-18 year olds of experience. It's not like anyone really cares who wins the U-19 World Cup.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
who cares, that's India's loss tbh. U-19s is there to help develop and give experience to their younger players, if they've got 20+ year olds playing it just robs the 17-18 year olds of experience. It's not like anyone really cares who wins the U-19 World Cup.
Well if you care about Indian cricket you do care. Dravid has expressed this quite passionately.

It also teaches kids that cheating is ok.

Blain

U19 Captain
Wouldn't be surprised if that is only the tip of the iceburg.. Can only dream what goes down behind the scenes in the IPL.

TheJediBrah

Well if you care about Indian cricket you do care. Dravid has expressed this quite passionately.

It also teaches kids that cheating is ok.
Yeah true, from an Indian point of view it's disturbing

You have to wonder whether corruption is an inevitability when so much money is involved in anything, let alone a sporting competition. But I guess that's more of a philosophical discussion.

Daemon

Yeah true, from an Indian point of view it's disturbing

You have to wonder whether corruption is an inevitability when so much money is involved in anything, let alone a sporting competition. But I guess that's more of a philosophical discussion.
Even without the huge amounts of money, corruption, age group cheating and selection based on factors besides merit are pretty rampant across India

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't be surprised if that is only the tip of the iceburg.. Can only dream what goes down behind the scenes in the IPL.
I see no reason to believe that IPL is more under the grip of corruption than any other popular T20 league in the world.

My comment was more about selectors associated with less popular cricket in India, especially junior cricket. I am aware about the fact that many selectors are bribed by parents to select their kids in state u-15 team for example. It hasn't yet reached a very alarming level - but everyone knows it exists at some places.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good wheels on him, wouldn't be surprised if his back suffers in his early career looking at that action.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Agar to GD Phillips, SIX, Onto the pads, batsman slogs hit it over square leg with just a flick for maximum
Agar to GD Phillips, FOUR, Full on leg, batsman flicks it away to square leg for a one bounce boundary
Hoho boy. Our first U19 hundred against a Test nation since 1996 might be scored tonight, I can feel it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Awww. He was on for our first U19 double ton there. That would've really got him onto people's lips.