• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

SeamUp

International Coach
In the home & away series v Bangladesh where we were soundly beaten only really batting all-rounders Wiaan Mulder & Dayyaan Galiem were consistent with the bat although Liam Smith came in for the home series & was the leading run scorer. Moonsamy has scored FC runs and did alright on the tour of Bangladesh.

Sean Whitehead is a talented left-arm spinner & will be a banker for this team. McKerr & Sipamla will probably open the bowling with Galiem and Mulder following & the latter 2 will both bat in top 6.

17 year-old, Wiaan Mulder, was named player of our u19 cricket week & I reckon him & Galiem are the most exciting aspects of this team.

I reckon the SA u19 team will look like this : matches-runs-average-hs-50s-SR - wkts-ave-b/b

1. LIAM SMITH (18) - Gauteng - King Edward VII
7-290-48.33-89-3-64.01
2. KYLE VERREYNNE (wk) (18) - Western Province - Wynberg Boys
11-183-22.87-47-0-58.84
3. TONY DE ZORZI (18) - Gauteng - King Edward VII
11-140-12.72-41-0-53.23
4. WIAAN MULDER (17) - Gauteng - St Stithians
13-453-37.75-80-4-64.52 - 9-33.33-2/16
5. DAYYAAN GALIEM (18) - Western Province - Rondebosch Boys
16-469-39.08-65-4 - 15-35.46-3/35
6. RIVALDO MOONSAMY (19) - Northerns - St Albans
12-276-23.00-63-2-64.94
7. DEAN FOXCROFT (17) - Northerns - Menlopark
10-163-16.30-49-0-58.00 - 12-27.50-3/31
8. SEAN WHITEHEAD (18) - Free State - St Andrews
10-84-16.80-24-0-75.00 - 8-31.37-4/26
9. CONOR MCKERR (17) - Gauteng - St Johns
8 matches - 2 wickets - ave 133.5
10. LUTHO SIPAMLA (17) - Eastern Province - Grey PE
5 matches - 4 wickets - ave 42.00

The last spot will be between two uncapped players. Either batsman Farhaan Sayanvala (18) of St Johns/Gauteng or spinner Luke Philander (18) Boland Ladbou/Boland. I reckon they will give it to the extra batsman as McKerr and Sipmala will open the bowling with all-rounders Galiem & Mulder to follow. Off-spin of Foxcroft and sla of Whitehead means you have your 6 bowlers so might as well strengthen the batting. Opening bowlers McKerr and Sipamla have come on from when they played their SA u19 games as 16 year-olds. Current 16 year-old Wandile Makwetu is probably going for the experience and will be at the 2018 U19 WC.

Good idea by Egyptian on the previous world cup and where the players are. As winners of the previous edition, currently only 4 have played franchise cricket in Clyde Fortuin, Sibonelo Makhanya, Andile Phehlukwayo & Kagiso Rabada. Of which only Fortuin & Rabada were starters. Although Aiden Markram the captain is being groomed for the opportunity soon.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
England have got a few prospects I love the look of. Donald from Glammy looks good, Mason Crane the legspinner had a great year in the first class matches he played and obviosuly Sam Curran was something of a superstar in Div 2 as a 17 year old. Saqib Mahmood has always looked like he has a load of talent as well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The stereotypical New Zealand teenage batting star is very glad to not be in that kid's pool.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh Under-19 squad: Mehedi Hasan Miraz (capt), Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Joyraj Sheik, Pinak Ghosh, Saif Hassan, Zakir Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Shafiul Hayat, Saeed Sarkar, Mehedi Hasan Rana, Abdul Halim, Sanjit Saha, Saleh Ahmed Shawon, Ariful Islam, Jaker Ali

Pretty strong unit doing well for some time now

brockley

International Captain
Pakistan lost to Aghanistan and Sri Lanka,without any changes to that side,they look easybeats next year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Meet our Under-19s

New Zealand Under-19s World Cup Squad

Josh Finnie – Otago (captain)
Finnley Allen – Auckland
Josh Clarkson – Central Districts
Zak Gibson – Northern Districts
Christian Leopard – Central Districts
Felix Murray – Central Districts
Aniket Parikh – Auckland
Dale Phillips – Auckland
Glenn Phillips – Auckland
Rachin Ravindra – Wellington
Talor Scott – Canterbury
Ben Sears – Wellington
Nathan Smith – Otago
Daniel Stanley – Canterbury
Ross ter Braak – Auckland

brockley

International Captain
Could leave the door open for Ireland to play a side as they we're runners up to Nepal in the knock out Associate series.

91Jmay

International Coach
How could I forget Dan Lawrence!!! Super talented batsmen, amazing range of strokes/power for an 18 year old. I've heard he has a bit of an attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmOfJaCEtRA

Can't get much of a feel for him here, but he played some blinding knocks against Australia U19s in our summer as well.

insa80

Cricket Spectator
I feel rachin Ravindra will be the dark horse of this tournament. I have seen him & he's highly talented in both bowling & batting. He can win matches for NZ single handedly. All the best to all the teams & may the best team win.

Insa Lana | BAN vs NED T20 WC 2016