• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England should be deducted points

Craig

World Traveller
Accuse me of having a rant if you want but I apologise if it sounds like a rant.

But if England refuse to tour Zimbabwe, then IMO the ICC should forget about fining the ECB, but instead deduct points of the Test table and drop them down to the spot that they would be at.

They should also give the points to Zimbabwe and award them the series if England dont tour. This applies to Australia or any country that refuses to tour Zimbabwe or any other country for policitcal reasons only, nothing to do with safety.

The amount of points deducted? I suggest 10-20 points, harsh? But it has to give them an incentivtive to tour.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt there a handshake agruement that Zimbabwe tour England last year and England do the same. And IMO to go back on an agruement is wrong and the ECB loses all creditability.

The WICB would be exempt as they may have to pull out of their tour of Australia due to schulding problems, rather then a political point of view.

Hyporcricy out of that what I wrote? Well isnt that the end product of politics? A lot of hyprocricy...

PY

International Coach
Craig said:
And IMO to go back on an agruement is wrong and the ECB loses all creditability.
They would have to have some on the first place to lose it. :(

cbuts

International Debutant
its time people learnt life is more than just cricket. it would be a disgrace on england if thier cricket team goes. zimbabwes political situation is blatent nazism - or aparthied in reverse. if your white get the **** out or we will make u.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Why'd they agree to go then? If life was more than cricket (which it obviously was) why would they agree to go in the first place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
But if England refuse to tour Zimbabwe, then IMO the ICC should forget about fining the ECB, but instead deduct points of the Test table and drop them down to the spot that they would be at.
If England don't tour, I do hope that that is what happens, because the loss of points would mean nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Certainly less than the loss of money.
With the Championships in the farcial format they are, they're irrelevant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TDCC Young Guns said:
its time people learnt life is more than just cricket. it would be a disgrace on england if thier cricket team goes. zimbabwes political situation is blatent nazism - or aparthied in reverse. if your white get the **** out or we will make u.
This has been gone over time and again and the inescapable conclusion is that the England cricket team not touring will not make an iota of difference to the Zimbabwe situation.
Hence there is IMO no point in breaking the norm.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Richard said:
This has been gone over time and again and the inescapable conclusion is that the England cricket team not touring will not make an iota of difference to the Zimbabwe situation.
Hence there is IMO no point in breaking the norm.

It does not make a difference but it is more beneficial to the Zim team. I personally agree with what England are doing but it lost credibility when it hosted Zim. They should not have promised to play in Zim. Again that Dalmiya is an even more stupid person. When India itself is not playing Pakistan , how can he go and support Zim and say sports and politics should not mix :!( . Recently Indian hockey team did not tour Malaysia b'coz it mistreated Indian or Indian Origin engineers in Malaysia and everyone supported that decision. I believe it is the same case with England-Zimbabwe. If i were an English, i only hope that the points are deducted :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Again that Dalmiya is an even more stupid person. When India itself is not playing Pakistan , how can he go and support Zim
Did he actually support them? If anyone knows what he has actually said, I would like to read that.

In the World Cup, he said that if the English can forfeit a match there and ask for a relocation, why can't other teams, Indians included, do the same?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Arjun said:
Did he actually support them? If anyone knows what he has actually said, I would like to read that.

In the World Cup, he said that if the English can forfeit a match there and ask for a relocation, why can't other teams, Indians included, do the same?
Well somewhere i read that that was the case happening or was i wrong:P

Langeveldt

Soutie
halsey said:
England have every right not to tour.

Human rights come before the game.
That wipes a hell of a lot of countries off the sporting map...

What about the Beijing Olympics in 2008?

Craig

World Traveller
Re: Re: England should be deducted points

marc71178 said:
If England don't tour, I do hope that that is what happens, because the loss of points would mean nothing.
Ok dropping the pointso f the average work?

cbuts

International Debutant
the england government need to step in and say no. its time the world did something about zimbabwe. instead of ****ing around with iraq

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its England's decision whether they go to Zimbabwe or not. If they dont think it is safe, or oif theyw ant to make a protest, thats fine.

However, the problem is, that England made that decision a year ago. They have to go. If I was teh ZCU, I would take them to court for breach of contract.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TDCC Young Guns said:
the england government need to step in and say no. its time the world did something about zimbabwe. instead of ****ing around with iraq
Ideally do something a bit more proactive than simply banning an in-the-scheme-of-things meaningless cricket tour.