• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2016?

zareenasafeer

Cricket Spectator
My favourite teams are Australia, india, pakistan, hope one of them get the cup, what you guys think about these three teams?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Probably India given it is in Bangladesh isn't it. Definitely not NZ, England, West Indies - I don't even think Australia. Not SA.

I like India's chances maybe Pakistan have a chance if the old war horse Afridi is still going

zareenasafeer

Cricket Spectator
i think two teams, india and pakistan, hope one of them get this world cup, and if i say that cricket is only india vs pakistan match it will be not wrong. coz people watch it and enjoy the match when pakistan and india in the groud.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
i think two teams, india and pakistan, hope one of them get this world cup, and if i say that cricket is only india vs pakistan match it will be not wrong. coz people watch it and enjoy the match when pakistan and india in the groud.
Please post India's and Pak's potential T20 line ups

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Probably India given it is in Bangladesh isn't it. Definitely not NZ, England, West Indies - I don't even think Australia. Not SA.

I like India's chances maybe Pakistan have a chance if the old war horse Afridi is still going
India has good chance yeah and they are hosting

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan are struggling to put together a limited overs batting lineup with no Misbah, Younis or Shafiq. Umar Akmal is misfiring too right now. Afridi heroics can happen but should not be the basis of a team.

England might do fairly well but will have one knockout match out of three where their spinners will get mullered.

Sri Lanka let's not forget are champions and losing Sangakkara won't be close to as big an issue as it is in Tests. They should make the semis.

Reckon it'll be either India or Australia though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lack of Starc hurts Australia's chances, but I think they'll win.

NZ, SA and England to do alright. Would've put WI in there but luckily Narine's been banned.

India doesn't have the absurd hitting some of the other countries possess atm. Bowling wise we're **** besides Ashwin.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan are struggling to put together a limited overs batting lineup with no Misbah, Younis or Shafiq. Umar Akmal is misfiring too right now. Afridi heroics can happen but should not be the basis of a team.

England might do fairly well but will have one knockout match out of three where their spinners will get mullered.

Sri Lanka let's not forget are champions and losing Sangakkara won't be close to as big an issue as it is in Tests. They should make the semis.

Reckon it'll be either India or Australia though.
Pakistan is lacking firepower at top order esp. England looking like a good unit under Eoin Morgan and posing serious threat to the title. Also South Africa ::ph34r:. Sri Lanka can be unpredictable. West Indies may have their days. Anything can happen really.

Burner

International Regular
I don't think India are favourites. India's batting line has some big names but it seems like most of the big names are suited to the ODI game where they have a lot of overs to get through. In t20s you need players who can hit out at word go and I don't see any big hitter down the order in there. I think England has a good chance, and even South Africa.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Who will Australia play?

Finch
Wade +
S.Marsh
Maxwell
Maddinson
Bailey
M.Marsh
Faulkner
Hastings
Coulter Nile
Pattinson

NFI really. Brad Hogg a chance?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This competition is going to be very hard-fought and competitive. Some of the teams which are very weak in other formats like West Indies (Test, ODI), Pakistan (ODI) have very good T20 teams. England's batting approach in limited overs cricket has undergone a revolutionary change after the World Cup 2015. SL has some very good hitters, and Malinga-Mendis are reviving their form. SA, Aus, Ind are very good naturally ; NZ is good too. It is tough to pick a clear favourite. It's going to be exciting this time.

Daemon

Yeah, like the 50 over version, it's not easy to pick a clear favourite this time. Pretty sure there's going to be some ridiculous hitting, personally never been as excited for the T20 WC since the first one.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
50-over version still had 4 teams (the semifinalists) that stood out clearly ahead of the rest from before the tournament. This time any of the 8 teams can win.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Pakistan is lacking firepower at top order esp. England looking like a good unit under Eoin Morgan and posing serious threat to the title. Also South Africa ::ph34r:. Sri Lanka can be unpredictable. West Indies may have their days. Anything can happen really.
Unpredictable? I know it's only T20 but you don't get and remain at #1 in the rankings by being unpredictable..
For me it's gonna be one of SL, WI, Pak, Eng who win..

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

I guess a lot depends on who remains fit. An awful lot of cricket to be played in the next couple of months before the tournament and some players will no doubt miss out through injury or woeful form. Can't see England winning though.