• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand's Mitchell Johnson?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I've always had a gut feeling about Mclenaghan that he can reach much further. Mitch Johnson at many stages was ridiculed as well and rose above it. That's how I'm looking at it in regards to Mitch Mcc, maybe there's just something he needs to tweak to break that glass barrier and get on the next level.
He's very capable of bowling quicker in short stints. He can get into the 142-143 region when he really bends his back - usually reserved for playing CD and Jamie How in the past, or spells in T20/ODI when required. But the guy had 2-3 hip surgeries in his mid 20s, had to lose weight to stay fit etc. He can't be running in hard all the time. When he made the ODI side, he took a 5 and a 6-for where he prodigiously swung the ball. I'd like to see him get back to that, if possible. Even the 5-for against the Windies at Eden Park on Boxing Day 2 years ago, he did the same. Hopefully that's in front of him.

Flem274*

123/5
He's very capable of bowling quicker in short stints. He can get into the 142-143 region when he really bends his back - usually reserved for playing CD and Jamie How in the past, or spells in T20/ODI when required. But the guy had 2-3 hip surgeries in his mid 20s, had to lose weight to stay fit etc. He can't be running in hard all the time. When he made the ODI side, he took a 5 and a 6-for where he prodigiously swung the ball. I'd like to see him get back to that, if possible. Even the 5-for against the Windies at Eden Park on Boxing Day 2 years ago, he did the same. Hopefully that's in front of him.
hahaha story?