• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sign Petition to get Cricket Australia to fix the mess that is West Indian cricket

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
HI, imagine if they came out a few months ago and were facing Harris, Johnson and Starc!!! Keep in mind once help starts arriving or they get their board in order it will still take 15 years for the current mess to turn itself around.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm at a loss to see why it is CA's responsibility to fix this.......the ICC's or "big 3" possibly but you can't dump it solely on Australia.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I'm at a loss to see why it is CA's responsibility to fix this.......the ICC's or "big 3" possibly but you can't dump it solely on Australia.
Agreed, but I'll sign most anything that brings attention to the sorry state of Windies cricket. Petition should really go to CARICOM! Tell em to set up a rival board to WICB and get it approved by the ICC. (but I did sign the petition)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm at a loss as to why it's anything to do with England or India either.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why you may ask?

In the late Seventies there was a movement that changed the game forever. It's called World Series Cricket. That movement bought many innovations to the game that now we take for granted. The West Indies team was a reason that series was a success.

The West Indies just about toured every second year in Australia from around 75/76 to the mid nineties.

They played to packed crowds and Cricket Australia made a fortune off ticket sales and the local broadcaster Channel Nine made a fortune of ad revenue when they played.

So now that The West Indies are in a major slump i think Cricket Australia can help out a bit.

So i started this petition.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
***** if you haven't seen the documentary Fire in Babylon. Please rectify the situation. Not only will you be entertained you will understand why so many Australians are passionate about the West Indies side.

Debris

International 12th Man
This feels like colonialism at it's worst. Rich white country has to go fix the poor brown people. It's all for their own good, right?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm at a loss as to why it's anything to do with England or India either.
You don't think the self appointed Big 3 who reap the lions share of dosh out of the game should have a responsibility to support and develop struggling cricket nations?

I guess it should be the ICC but in reality that's just the same as the Big 3 now isn't it?

Slifer

International Captain
They can start by stop constantly picking a starting x1 composed of 5 'batsmen' and 6 tailenders!!!!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, **** em. Send the resources to countries that need it more like New Zealand.