• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Prediction Game

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There are three test series coming up

SA Vs England
NZ Vs SL
Aus Vs West Indies

So not a draft. Basically Pick a player from a choice of 3 relatively evenly matched guys. Well three guys who Howe and myself went to the effort of trying to make even.
Point scorng 1 point per run. 25 points per wicket. SL and Kiwis worth 1.5 times their points due to shortened series. English and SA only the first 3 tests will count.
Players from "away" teams receive a 40 point bonus.

When you make your selections please list as follows
1 - Last name
2 - Last name
3 - Last name
11 - Last name

That will help me cut and paste into excel - anything not in that format will be a spolied ballot.

You have until December 9th midnight New Zealand time to enter if for some reason one of your picks does not get selected then you will not be the only person impacted. To help everyone in your shoes I will put in a replacement person from one of the other teams. E.g. Mitchell Marsh will come in as the next all rounder and you will end up with him.

Here are the groups - again thanks to Howe for his assistance:

Opener 1

Dave Warner
Alastair Cook
Tom Latham

Opener 2

Joe Burns
Kraigg Brathwaite
Dean Elgar

Top Order 3

Hasim Amla
Kane Williamson
Steve Smith

Middle Order 1
Joe Root
Ross Taylor
AB De Villiers

Middle order 2

Angelo Mathews
Faf Du Plessis
Brendon McCullum

batting allrounder

Ben Stokes
Mitchell Santner
JP Duminy

Keeper-batsman

Peter Nevill
BJ Watling
Dinesh Ramdin

3rd Seamer

Chameera
Gabriel
Chris Jordan or Woakes if selected ahead.

Spinner
Rangana Herath
Nathan Lyon
Dane Peidt

Seamer 1

Stuart Broad
Josh Hazlewood
Tim Southee

Seamer 2

James Anderson
Trent Boult
Morne Morkel

Good Luck!!!

If team news comes up in the next few days that one of these players is out please advise and I will make a change.

If someone gets injured or dropped mid series no accommodations will be made.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Dave Warner
Kraigg Brathwaite
Kane Williamson
AB De Villiers
Angelo Mathews
JP Duminy
BJ Watling
Chameera
Nathan Lyon
Josh Hazlewood
Trent Boult

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner
Elgar
Kane
AB
BMac
Stokes
Nevill
Chameera
Lyon
HazleGOD
Anderson

Stace

First Class Debutant
Warner
Burns
Smith
De Villiers
Mathews
Stokes
Nevill
Chameera
Lyon
Hazlewood
Anderson

FBU

International Debutant
Alastair Cook
Kraigg Brathwaite
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Angelo Mathews
Ben Stokes
Peter Nevill
Gabriel
Rangana Herath
Stuart Broad
James Anderson

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
1 - Warner
2 - Burns
3 - Williamson
4 - De Villiers
5 - McCullum
6 - Duminy
7 - Watling
8 - Jordan
9 - Peidt
10 - Southee
11 - Boult

A. I should win by default: mine's the only ballot that's not spoiled. ;)

B. VERY unhappy that I couldn't choose Holder anywhere. (If he can be subbed in for Jordan, please do so; if for someone else, let me know and I'll decide.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Brathwaite
Williamson
de Villiers
Mathews
Stokes
Watling
Chameera
Lyon
Hazlewood
Boult

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Dave Warner
Joe Burns
Kane Williamson
AB De Villiers
Brendon McCullum
Ben Stokes
BJ Watling
Chris Jordan or Woakes if selected ahead.
Rangana Herath
Nathan Lyon
Josh Hazlewood
Trent Boult

#3 very hard. Don't even know any of the 3rd seamers tbh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1 - Warner
2 - Burns
3 - Williamson
4 - De Villiers
5 - McCullum
6 - Duminy
7 - Watling
8 - Jordan
9 - Peidt
10 - Southee
11 - Boult

A. I should win by default: mine's the only ballot that's not spoiled. ;)

B. VERY unhappy that I couldn't choose Holder anywhere. (If he can be subbed in for Jordan, please do so; if for someone else, let me know and I'll decide.
Hi Ike,

I am tempted to put Holder into the all rounders group even though he isn't a batting all rounder. However a number of people have picked already who might have taken him had he been an option. I should have thought of more West Indian options when putting this together.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hi Ike,

I am tempted to put Holder into the all rounders group even though he isn't a batting all rounder. However a number of people have picked already who might have taken him had he been an option. I should have thought of more West Indian options when putting this together.
I'm all for that, and would pick Holder as my batting all rounder in a heartbeat. His batting is really underappreciated. Duminy's AVE is 33, Stoke's is 28 1/2, Holder's is 30. 1 ton and 2 50's in 18 Test innings. Still a couple of days till the first matches start, folks who've already signed up will have time to decide if they want to switch. If you do allow Holder, I'm taking him as all rounder. :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All right fine I am putting a 4th option into the all rounders competition you can pick holder if you want to. People who have already picked can switch to holder if they like.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Revised lineup:

1 - Warner
2 - Burns
3 - Williamson
4 - De Villiers
5 - McCullum
6 - Holder
7 - Watling
8 - Jordan
9 - Peidt