• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Prediction Game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 - Cook
2 - Elgar
3 - Smith
4 - de Villiers
5 - Mathews
6 - Stokes
7 - Ramdin
8 - Chameera
9 - Lyon
10 - Broad
11 - Boult

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1 - Cook
2 - Brathwaite
3 - Williamson
4 - de Villiers
5 - Mathews
6 - Duminy
7 - Watling
8 - Woakes
9 - Lyon
10 - Southee
11 - Anderson

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hi Ike,

I am tempted to put Holder into the all rounders group even though he isn't a batting all rounder. However a number of people have picked already who might have taken him had he been an option. I should have thought of more West Indian options when putting this together.
I kind of feel like you could've added some more West Indians to general to these groups. Taylor in Seamer 1, Roach in Seamer 2, Samuels in Middle Order 2, Bishoo in Spinner. Game still works fine without them so it's not a big deal but it would have been cool to give people the option I think. Being able to pick Gabriel but not Taylor just feels weird to me.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I kind of feel like you could've added some more West Indians to general to these groups. Taylor in Seamer 1, Roach in Seamer 2, Samuels in Middle Order 2, Bishoo in Spinner. Game still works fine without them so it's not a big deal but it would have been cool to give people the option I think. Being able to pick Gabriel but not Taylor just feels weird to me.
Perhaps 4 person groups could have accommodated that, which is an idea for next time, but not with three person groups.

The group Gabriel is in is designed to test people's knowledge of international depth players.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought it was designed for us to guess who woud be the least ****
Everyone knows who they are, but it is more impressive to have them rated in your mind in enough detail to rate them against like for like bowlers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1 - Cook
2 - Brathwaite
3 - Williamson
4 - de Villiers
5 - Mathews
6 - Duminy
7 - Watling
8 - Woakes
9 - Lyon
10 - Southee
11 - Anderson
Your choice will be Jordan if in a one in a million chance they both play or likelier if Jordan plays instead of. Woakes is only listed as a replacement option.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Perhaps 4 person groups could have accommodated that, which is an idea for next time, but not with three person groups.

The group Gabriel is in is designed to test people's knowledge of international depth players.
Yeah I get why the Gabriel group is a thing; I just thought it'd make sense to have some groups have four players in them.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner
Burns
Williamson
De Villiers
Mathews
Watling
Jordan
Lyon
Hazlewood
Anderson

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually

Warner
Burns
Smith
De Villiers
Mathews
Stokes
Nevill
Jordan
Lyon
Hazlewood
Anderson

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Your choice will be Jordan if in a one in a million chance they both play or likelier if Jordan plays instead of. Woakes is only listed as a replacement option.
I'm not sure that Jordan is likelier to play, what are you basing that assumption on?