• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combined Test/ODI squad draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Inspired by NUFAN's thread on selecting a nation's team to play test/ODI/t20 cricket concurrently, is this thread.

Participants will pick 22 players. 11 of them will form their test team, 11 will form their ODI team.

Players picked to play in a participant's ODI team must have played at least one ODI. Ditto for players selected in the test team.

At the conclusion of the draft, participants post their combos, and each participant in the draft must select a top 3 (not including their own) combo most likely to win a 5 match one day series, and a top 3 (not including their own) combo most likely to win a 5 test series. (top team: 3 points, 2nd team: 2 points, 3rd team: 1 point for each). The participant with the combined test/ODI team with the most points wins.

Randomized for R1, reversed for R2 and so on.

Limiting this to ten players as it's a big draft. I'm keen to play so there's nine spots available.

Six hours between picks to keep things ticking along.

Express interest.

Red

RedHill
Morgie
Watson
AgentTBY
AndyZalthair

Five more players welcome.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
In but I don't know what this means

Randomized for R1, reversed for R2 and so on

At the conclusion of the draft, participants post their combos, and each participant in the draft must select a top 3 (not including their own) combo most likely to win a 5 match one day series, and a top 3 (not including their own) combo most likely to win a 5 test series.
So participants select a 3 separate ODI teams and 3 separate test teams?
So in total 66 players?

So if you can explain for a slow person like me and I get it, then I am in.

watson

Banned

So in total 66 players?

It's a Cricketweb Drafting tradition that come Voting Time the voter gets to choose his 3 favourite teams from those on show. Because we will creating aTest team and an ODI team the voter will need to cast 6 votes - 3 for the Test team and 3 for the ODI team.

Last edited:

Red

RedHill
Morgie
Watson
AgentTBY
AndyZalthair
J_C
Black Warrior
shearzie
walking wicket
Mr Mister

Red

R1

Black Warrior
AndyZalthair
walking wicket
RedHill
Mr Mister
J_C
Watson
AgentTBY
Morgie
shearzie

R2

shearzie
Morgie
AgentTBY
Watson
J_C
Mr Mister
RedHill
walking wicket
AndyZalthair
Black Warrior

Red

So in total 66 players?

I might not have been clear here. You are selecting one test team, and one ODI team.

Once the teams are complete, each participant will vote on what they think are the three strongest test teams (3 points for the best, 2 for the 2nd best, 1 for the 3rd best), and the same for the ODI teams. You can't vote for your own team. The team with the most points accumulated from their combined test and ODI votes will be the winner of the draft.

Red

Draft begins once Black Warrior makes his selection. Six hours between selections once he's picked.