• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Greatest DVD

watson

Banned
'CRICKET'S GREATEST' is a series that looks at 25 great cricketers in half-hour episodes. It's a class act from beginning to end with excellent footage of the players in action, and in depth interviews that help the viewer get inside the head of the individual cricketer. Neil Harvey stands in for Don Bradman since the series was released October this year, and he does an excellent retrospective even if it is a little sugar coated.

Out of the 25 I enjoyed watching the David Gower, Curtly Ambrose, and Graeme Pollock episodes the most due to their candour and insightful analysis of their respective careers.

I downloaded the video onto my Apple TV, but the DVD can also be purchased on-line if you can't find it in the shops. 'Cricket's Greatest' is a significant improvement on ESPNs 'Legends of Cricket' which pales in comparison, and I thoroughly recommend it for your Christmas stocking.

Cricket's Greatest [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray

Last edited: