• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash 2015/16

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't begrudge everyone their money from the BBL and similar tourneys. Players in particular are the reason folks pay to watch cricket. American sports have learned this, their big league players, even the lowly among them, make huge salaries. Cricket is slowly learning this. Have Gayle or AB in a match, and watch the fans flock to the venue. They earn every penny they get. However, the Warner Bros. deal really sucks; i.e., I am a traditionalist in the ways that really count.

On the other hand, I love Grace Harris's socks. And has she lived up to them!

https://twitter.com/BBL/status/673034858554253313

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
They're showing this on Sky in NZ so I plan to get into it. Can anyone tell me if any notable Kiwi players are playing for any of the teams? Or any notable players in general? I don't know who to support, you see, and I need a reason to cheer for a team (if not two or three) before the 17th.

brockley

International Captain
Vettorri coaches the Heat,they signed Mcullum to a 3 year deal but he not available this season.Close as you get to any Kiwi action,note Vettori used play for the Heat.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah I lived in Brisbane once so I was leaning towards them.

Um, Brisbane is the Heat, right?

Agree that we need a Kiwi franchise in this. It's probably inevitable given how the soccer, basketball and rugby is.

brockley

International Captain
Yes the Heat.
I wouldn't be suprised when it expands their is a NZ A team,Canberra team,the other options are Geelong and Gold Coast.
Yeh I lived in Brisbane too near Capalaba and Wynnum Manly,went to school at Capalaba.
But am a New South Welshman through and through.

Steve Fleming the Stars coach,says their should be a Kiwi side as well,he is down in Melbourne.
On Mcullum their is talk he will retire after this year,and the Heat and IPL is part of his retirement fund.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
With their 3-format series with Sri Lanka, followed almost immediately by the Pakistan tour, pretty much all the top Black Cap players are unavailable.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
With their 3-format series with Sri Lanka, followed almost immediately by the Pakistan tour, pretty much all the top Black Cap players are unavailable.
Yeah was hoping to maybe see some of the next generation of limited overs Kiwi players like Colin Munro or similar.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thread needs..

Fullstop removed
Some *** *** around the title to get us all excited.
A picture of mel mclaughlin
Some betting talk
A mention of kfc
Question about why some test players are playing and others not
Ch 10 commentary being rated so high against nein.

brockley

International Captain
You can change the title Nufan,knock yourself out.
Was good to remember my times in Brisbane with Kiwivictor.
Good times :D.
On Big Bash commentary beats channel 9 anytime.Shame tho ABC radio not covering the Big Bash tho.:unsure:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I cant change the title mate but yes it was beautiful hearing about your brisbane adventures.

brockley

International Captain
Got kicked out on my last day at Capalaba high because i got my shirt signed,so snuck back into Capalaba and caught the school bus back 2 school,but hid in the bus so i could get home.
Love Queen street and South side,spent many hours there.And holidays to Stradbroke island when I was under 10.
Brisbane is a great place,miss it lots.Even tho i am in the Gong now and loving it.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeh I lived in Brisbane too near Capalaba and Wynnum Manly,went to school at Capalaba.
Wouldn't have picked you for a Capalaba High lad, you're not totally uncouth and a bastion of everything despicable about the Redlands unlike every other person I've met from there.

brockley

International Captain
I lived in Thornside.Was only in Brisbane 2 years.Very rough area I remember but not as rough as Cleveland.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anybody else play the fantasy game on there official site?
Did you end up making a team? I think there are definitely some good value buys..

20K - Joel Paris
30K - Marcus Stoinis
33.1K - Joe Mennie
42.1K - Jon Holland

Ben Dunk and Travis Head under 60K too.

Overpriced = Winter 61.9K, Forrest 73K, Lalor 73.5, Hill 79.2 + some of the Test players who wont play at all.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh I know Mt Gravatt,nice mall,visiited the Assemblies of God in Mt Gravatt,very nice church quite big.I think their is an Assemblies of God in every suburb of Brisbane,real Qld church.
Yeh my family owned a carnation farm in Thornside,even tho it did not break even.Later Dad and Mum retired up there,and dad died up there.Made many friends in Brisbane,nice place.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
You mean Garden City? Yeah that place was pretty cool. Went there for lunch most days.

I made a lot of friends in Brisbane. It seemed that the city was much like a big conservative country town and this seems to have led to a counter-culture of a small number really cool people. Managed to fall in with some of them, loved my time there.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh Garden City.
It reminds me of where I live in Wollongong altho less kinder here,there are some great people here.We get humidity here,but nothing like humidity in Brisbane.
Like Brisbane the Gong is very green.
Been ages since I have been their.
My family hated me as I went for QLD in state of origin.Now I can't watch the game.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Did you end up making a team? I think there are definitely some good value buys..

20K - Joel Paris
30K - Marcus Stoinis
33.1K - Joe Mennie
42.1K - Jon Holland

Ben Dunk and Travis Head under 60K too.

Overpriced = Winter 61.9K, Forrest 73K, Lalor 73.5, Hill 79.2 + some of the Test players who wont play at all.
Yep my team is in. I got Joe Mennie in as a bargain also. Did have Ben Dunk but swapped him for Brad Haddin as the Sixers play twice in 2 of the first 4 rounds and don't have a bye either.

Have you entered a team? I haven't joined any leagues yet but the code for my league they automatically put me in is 663328 if you or anyone else want to join....

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My team:

1. Maddinson
2. Dunk +
3. Sangakkara
4. Lynn
5. Henriques
6. Maxwell
7. Faulkner
8. Botha
9. Richardson
10. Holland
11. Paris

12. Finch
13. Willey
14. Carters
15. Floros
16. Stanlake

Leaves me with 47k to spare. Double round for the Thunder but I can't think of a single one of their players I want to pick.

Can't imagine changing much through the season. cbf logging in and trading people unless someone really stinks it up.