• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A moment of silence for the other Hussey who even now can't get out of his brother's shadow.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
think it backs up that people love the big bash for entertainment as opposed to being seriously invested in the outcome of the competition
Yeah, my first time watching a BBL game at the ground yesterday and that was definitely the feeling I walked away with. The atmosphere was pretty cool and it was a lot of fun, would definitely go again........but you could just feel the crowd were there for a good night out rather than to support their beloved team in a grand final. Very different to any other big sporting contest I've watched live.

adub

International Captain
Yeah, my first time watching a BBL game at the ground yesterday and that was definitely the feeling I walked away with. The atmosphere was pretty cool and it was a lot of fun, would definitely go again........but you could just feel the crowd were there for a good night out rather than to support their beloved team in a grand final. Very different to any other big sporting contest I've watched live.
Been to a few Thunder games over the years and never seen them win, but that's ok because they are just a made up team with no real investment. Had a good night and it's the right length for the kids to enjoy it without getting bored like if I try to get em to a FC, Test or one dayer.

That's why I reckon they certainly shouldn't extend the season. It's a bit of hit and giggle no one takes super seriously. It would get pretty old soon if they tried to drag it out any longer. Would probably not hurt them to drop it back to 7 match season (play each team once). I know they want to hype the Syd v Syd and Mel v Mel games, but by having it just once a year they could make them more of a blockbuster than they already are. If they want to stick to 8 matches just add ACT and run with that.

Did enjoy slagging off some of the Stars fielding mishaps as worse than the Sixers WBBL.

Spark

Global Moderator
Been to a few Thunder games over the years and never seen them win, but that's ok because they are just a made up team with no real investment. Had a good night and it's the right length for the kids to enjoy it without getting bored like if I try to get em to a FC, Test or one dayer.

That's why I reckon they certainly shouldn't extend the season. It's a bit of hit and giggle no one takes super seriously. It would get pretty old soon if they tried to drag it out any longer. Would probably not hurt them to drop it back to 7 match season (play each team once). I know they want to hype the Syd v Syd and Mel v Mel games, but by having it just once a year they could make them more of a blockbuster than they already are. If they want to stick to 8 matches just add ACT and run with that.

Did enjoy slagging off some of the Stars fielding mishaps as worse than the Sixers WBBL.
I think this is why they're saying they're really hesitant to expand tbh, they're well aware that the tribal mentality isn't really there yet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Worrall has more than a touch of Ryan Harris about him, especially the way he jinks the ball across the left-hander.