• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting against Legspin

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Basics - concentrate and focus - try picking it out the ground and watch it all the way.

Try and keep light on your feet for late and frequent adjustments if you misread it - you're not a power player - and try working it around you, dabbing and deflecting - a la Thorpey.
OH MY GOD.

Neil is giving batting tips.

:O :O :O :O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Vroomfondel said:
Extending the question a little, any advice on left-arm offies ? It's strange how some batsmen have huge issues playing slow-left-orthodox but can manage leg-spin very well -- I wonder why that is. I haven't faced too many and I'm not sure how to approach them. Should they be treated like a leg-spinner coming from a funny angle? Or is there another way to play them.
Amazing, I ooze confidence against SLA bowlers (my dad and coach are SLA so thats mainly what i face)... But leggies seem a whole different propostition...

What i usually do is a forward press just as the bowler bowls, get the pad into line with the ball, and your head in line with where the ball pitches... If they drop short there is usually loads of time to cut

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Charge down the wicket and hoik it!

It may not work, but at least it'll be fun! ;)
Marc, Doesn't work... I tried it on the weekend and got stumped... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not before i hit 25 from 6 balls... :P :P