• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ's future pace attack, the players, the coaches...

vandem

International 12th Man
The phrase nude spin has really taken off recently. In my day it was "phantom" spin. What then, are we saying that Lance Dry bowls nude spin?
Think I may have heard "nude spin" first on radio commentary about "Mystery" Morrison's SLA spell vs Aust in Eden Park in 1982 (35-16-52-2) - may have been by Morrison himself a couple of years later.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Remember a shell cup game back in the mid-90's. Matthew Hart came on, and Brian Waddle immediately labelled his bowling style "nude off-spinners". He promptly bowled a ripper that spun past the edge of the bat, to which Jeremy Coney quipped, "Well that one was at least partially clothed."

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mm correlating NZ's bowling success to Bond-exposure is almost reaching meme levels itself, even if it's reasonable to believe he's had a strong impact.

Boult #3 there looks less smooth than previous. Like he's forcing it through McCone style.
Can confirm Nuttall's good economy rate in this current tournament has had much more to do with trying to be hostile into the cods or the face than it has had to do with consistent swing.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Remember a shell cup game back in the mid-90's. Matthew Hart came on, and Brian Waddle immediately labelled his bowling style "nude off-spinners". He promptly bowled a ripper that spun past the edge of the bat, to which Jeremy Coney quipped, "Well that one was at least partially clothed."
best story

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can confirm Nuttall's good economy rate in this current tournament has had much more to do with trying to be hostile into the cods or the face than it has had to do with consistent swing.
Might get some 'apparent' pace from all that extra pumping of arms and legs; the speed gun says it's not any faster but the batsman feels like it is.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Giving the 38yo Jayawardene a spray I think shows us the direction Nuttall's heading in. It sucks how often I'm seeing a scrawny kid with great shape turn into a more built guy with very little swing three years later. They all seem to want that point of difference from Bouthee.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah giving Mahela a spray would be one of the least self aware things you could do in domestic cricket