• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 teams of the year announced

Spark

Global Moderator
ICC Test and ODI Teams of the Year 2015 announced - ICC Cricket

ICC Test Team of the Year 2015 (in batting order):

David Warner (Aus)
Alastair Cook (Eng) (captain)
Kane Williamson (NZ)
Younis Khan (Pak)
Steven Smith (Aus)
Joe Root (Eng)
Sarfraz Ahmed (Pak) (wicketkeeper)
Stuart Broad (Eng)
Trent Boult (NZ)
Yasir Shah (Pak)
Josh Hazlewood (Aus)
12th: Ravichandran Ashwin (Ind)
ICC ODI Team of the Year 2015 (in batting order):

Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL)
Hashim Amla (SA)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL) (wicketkeeper)
AB de Villiers (SA) (captain)
Steven Smith (Aus)
Ross Taylor (NZ)
Trent Boult (NZ)
Mohammed Shami (Ind)
Mitchell Starc (Aus)
Mustafizur Rahman (Bang)
Imran Tahir (SA)
12th: Joe Root (Eng)
Superficially the main surprise is no ABdV or any other South Africans in the Test side though looking at his numbers, it does make sense--they simply haven't played very much.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha Shami in there.

Not surprising re ABdV in the test side since he was competing with Smith who had a grand year.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
****ing long tail in that ODI side with Boult at #7. Needs an all rounder in place of a bowler in there..

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha Shami in there.

Not surprising re ABdV in the test side since he was competing with Smith who had a grand year.
Yeah, regardless of how good you are, 4 Tests and just one hundred is not gonna get you into any TOTYs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the test team is a bit early considering there are a fair few test matches left to be played in December. South Africa just haven't played enough tests this year, and their 2 tests in Bangladesh were washed out.

I think the test team is very solid, no complains there..except perhaps I would have picked Anderson over Hazelwood.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Reckon Maxwell should have gone in the ODI side. They've picked 4 opening bowlers from 7 down and 6 top four batsmen.

It's like a team picked by crisimmers.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
How did Kane Williamson not make that ODI team?
Agreed. I think Amla got in because they were looking for an opener..but certainly Williamson has outperformed Amla this year in both tests and ODis.

I would pick either McCullum or Soumya Sarkar as an opener instead of Amla.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Vijay over Warner I would say.

Cook, Vijay and Warner are the three best openers today, with Vijay just edging past Warner for me.