cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Rank current test teams

Gob

Rank current test teams

With SA losing in India it seems as if they will be dragged back to the pack soon. Obviously this might sound bit harsh for SA cos this is their first series defeat in an away series in like a decade which is nothing short of phenomenal and teams like Australia,England and India has been losing away regularly but since the retirement of Smith and Kallis, SA looks much more comparable to other teams so how would you rate teams?this is my take on each team and they aren't listed in any particular order since its pretty close right now

Engurland: Two world class batsmen and two world class bowlers but rest are largely unproven. Stokes,Rashid and Moeen has potential
    Estraya: Two world class batsmen. Pace attack is not yet proven with the retirements in recent times but has some heavy artillery fire power and could be scary good in couple of years plus a good spinner
    SA: Two world class batsmen and three world class bowlers.
    NZ: Two world class batsmen and two world class bowlers. Would've probably called the 2nd best team in the world before the Aust series.
    India: Probably the only team to have more than two great batsmen in Virat-Rahane-Vijay. Quality spin attack in home conditions and can be close to unplayable but not much at the seaming front although Sharma seems to have improved a bit
    Pakistan: Win a lot in UAE and won in SL.Dont fancy much out side the sub continent. Has two world class batsmen who are aging
    SL: Holding up better than i thought post Murali. One great batsman in Mathews

my definition of world class is some one who can or is close to making the current world xi.How would you rate teams?
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Bangladesh are definitely better than the West Indies now.

International Debutant kiwiviktor81's Avatar
    Wouldn't say we (the BCs) were 2nd. Challenging for 3rd with India seems about right to me.

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    1. Pakistan: Got everything covered. Don't think Pakistan will do too badly once they step outside SC now with Azhar, Shafiq, Misbah and Younis. Formidable in UAE and even if they are offered rank turners in India (hypothetically), they have all the arsenal to beat India at home. Amir (like him or not) and as his return is inevitable will only strengthen the bowling. If Misbah retires, there will be a shift in balance though.

2. England: Won the ashes, had potential to do much better in UAE but came close to winning one nevertheless. There are some issues in the middle order apart from Root.

3. South Africa: A bit skeptical at this stage about the batting order. Brutally exposed in India but going to give them benefit of the doubt. The series against England will decide a lot.

4. New Zealand: Despite not being up to the mark in Australia, this team has a lot of potential to do much better. Have shown in England. The concern is that this team to function well, they need fully fit Boult and Southee all the time.

5/6. Australia & India : Can't separate them atm. Both beast at home but not so sure once they step out. This being said, I believe the current Indian crop is better suited to play in away conditions where the ball has carry and pace. Not convinced on Australian batting line up despite showing some good performance vs NZ. Bowling attack will have to carry the team.

7. Sri Lanka: Finding it tougher as some of the key players retired. It was predictable though. Lost 2 Test series against Pakistan and India recently.
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 30-11-2015 at 01:48 AM.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Shanto, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Afif, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman

There is no way in hell England, who on any given day have four players who show up at a Test standard level, are 2nd.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    It's difficult to say how much of a decline SA are actually on, but until it's proven more conclusively, they're still the best.

After that, it's a toss up between NZ, Aus, Ind, Eng and Pak for 2nd. They're all very flawed, strictly alright teams.
    indiaholic and honestbharani like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    SA are still number one. Once they go out of India, Faf, AB, Amla and others will start performing. The fearsome threesome will be back from injury and all will be well for them.
    Nothing to choose between the other teams. They will all win at home and lose away.

Edit: OS beat me on writing almost the same content.
    Last edited by CricAddict; 30-11-2015 at 01:58 AM.
    honestbharani likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    If a world class player is someone close to a world XI then you can't then say that there are 14 world class batsmen. Rahane for example has no chance of being in one right now.
    indiaholic likes this.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    England second? What
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    If a world class player is someone close to a world XI then you can't then say that there are 14 world class batsmen. Rahane for example has no chance of being in one right now.
    Yeah, and furthermore to flip the classic argument on it's head, Rahane needs to do something significant at home before being considered India class, letterlone world class.
    honestbharani and zorax like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    SA, Australia, India, England and New Zealand are all pretty close. You'd probably back them all to win at home against their opposition. SL and Pakistan aren't exactly far behind either.

Decent era in terms of competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    SA, Australia, India, England and New Zealand are all pretty close. You'd probably back them all to win at home against their opposition. SL and Pakistan aren't exactly far behind either.

Decent era in terms of competition.
    I hope the doing away with toss rule comes up in internationals as well. Will help balance the home-away results a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    I hope the doing away with toss rule comes up in internationals as well. Will help balance the home-away results a bit.
    The major problem with this is I can see too many groundsmen going the "safe" route producing draw wickets off this -- obviously with the county scoring system this is less on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    There is no way in hell England, who on any given day have four players who show up at a Test standard level, are 2nd.
    This is brutal and unfair on Stokes and (to a lesser extent) Wood.

With the bar you just set, no one has more than half a team of test class players.

I think in a few decades when the 10s become "back in my day when men were men, snow, starving millions in Africa" etc we'll realise this was a fun, unpredictable era where the acceptable batting averages of the 00s were no longer applicable.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    If you are reliant on the toss to have home advantage then it isnt really home advantage.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information