• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Defence of Two Test Series

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think this is a bit of a silly argument. The Adelaide Test was better because of the conditions; not because it was the third Test of the series.
It would be a silly argument if I was actually arguing and actually thought what I wrote, thought it was obvious that I was just being a little silly.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's actually quite funny, the biggest disparity between two touring sides we've had in the last few years was in 2012, when the WI and SA came.

3 test series each :dry:

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's actually quite funny, the biggest disparity between two touring sides we've had in the last few years was in 2012, when the WI and SA came.

3 test series each :dry:
2013: 2-0 v NZ, 2-0 after 2 v Aus
2014: 0-1 v SL, 0-1 after 2 v Ind
2015: 1-1 v NZ, 1-1 after 2 v Aus

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
2013 summer was so weird. If we'd won the CT final you'd have to say it was our best since 05, but it was actually the beginning of the end.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Right.

Results in 2014:

Sri Lanka 1-0

India 1-3

Results in 2015

New Zealand 1-1

Australia 2-3
India would have won 1-0 too in 2014 if it were a two test series.

Australia would have shared the series 1-1 too in 2015 if it were a 2 test series.

It's almost as if longer series paint a truer picture.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India would have won 1-0 too in 2014 if it were a two test series.

Australia would have shared the series 1-1 too in 2015 if it were a 2 test series.

It's almost as if longer series paint a truer picture.
Maybe. But let's make assessments based on what we have on paper.. (remember the guy who said actual runs on the scorecard matter?)
Let's not go by what would have happened in an alternate universe.

Facts as they stand, Sri Lanka won in England, New Zealand drew in England. India and Australia lost

Go Small 7 :p

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We can't forget that teams play differently knowing it's 2 test series. If India vs Saffers was 4 tests in 2013 would Saffers have attempted the record chase? Maybe

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Maybe. But let's make assessments based on what we have on paper.. (remember the guy who said actual runs on the scorecard matter?)
Let's not go by what would have happened in an alternate universe.

Facts as they stand, Sri Lanka won in England, New Zealand drew in England. India and Australia lost

Go Small 7 :p
The analogy doesn't work here. The results are already there for us to see, unlike runs for a certain batsman. India and Australia did play 2 Tests on their tours. Small 7 lucky to get off easy.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And perhaps if England and Australia played a 2 match series, Australia would probably get be the pitches they got for the 3rd and 4th test. So 0-2 then.

There are countless would have scenarios. Let's stick to facts, luck or no luck. Big 2 lost, Small 7 won. :happy: