cricket betting betway blog banner small
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By HeathDavisSpeed
  • 2 Post By HeathDavisSpeed
  • 1 Post By Cabinet96
  • 3 Post By Fuller Pilch
  • 1 Post By Flem274*

Thread: NZ playing 7 home tests next year??

International Regular

NZ playing 7 home tests next year??

If this is to be believed:

"White insists day-night tests aren't going to take over in New Zealand. He was cautious about scheduling more than one of their seven home tests against Pakistan, Bangladesh and South Africa next season as day-nighters."

Full article here:
    NZ Cricket look to profit after playing guinea pig for successful day-nighter | Stuff.co.nz

That must be an all-time record if correct, although I expect a couple of tests will dropped for ODIs and T20s. We usually play 4 or 5 tests in a good season (2 last year pre-WC). I actually wouldn't mind 4 day tests if it meant longer series

International Regular
    Sorry next SEASON, not year

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    So, 3 against Bangladesh and 2 against Pakistan and South Africa. Still ****. It's time 2 Test series came to an end.
    _Ed_ and Black_Warrior like this.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Surely we're not playing three against Bangladesh?
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson, MJ Santner and IS Sodhi, TL Seifert and ZN Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    So, 3 against Bangladesh and 2 against Pakistan and South Africa. Still ****. It's time 2 Test series came to an end.
    Genuine questions, would you rather have one 5 test series against any of those sides and no other tests in the summer?
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    I'd rather 2 sets of 3 or 1 set of 5 against a drawcard team (England, India, Australia, South Africa)

5 Tests is completely unrealistic though - but series should be 3 Test minimum and I'd be happier with 2 sets of 3 instead of a total of 7 Tests across three opponents.
    Cabinet96 and Howe_zat like this.

Fair enough. I think 3 tests is pretty much ideal for most series, but I think 2 match series get more stick than they deserve.
    Prince EWS likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    5 tests of NZ v SA or NZ v Pakistan would be so bloody good right now. 2 tests each, meh.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

Two tests for the return against Australia is pathetic. Doesn't even constitute a 'series' imo.

Meanwhile England and Aus are guaranteed twice that amount of Tests and surplus to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Surely we're not playing three against Bangladesh?
    yeah I find that hard to believe

bangladesh will get mauled down here. surely nz can't be playing 3 against them?
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    bangladesh will get mauled down here. surely nz can't be playing 3 against them?
    The same article says three against South Africa and two against Bangladesh which leaves two for Pakistan unless my maths is even worse than I thought.

From stuff article:

White insists day-night tests aren't going to take over in New Zealand. He was cautious about scheduling more than one of their seven home tests against Pakistan, Bangladesh and South Africa next season as day-nighters. Bangladesh is the likely starting point purely due to scheduling, as their two tests will be in December when the weather is the most stable for cricket under lights. "I would imagine it would be pretty brave for us to do both [tests at night]," White said.

Maybe they should push the boat out further. South Africa, who play three tests in February-March 2017 would be ideal opponents to sell to the world, but the time of year is tricky. Moving into March in New Zealand's fickle climate means chilly nights and dew will be a factor, potentially making it harder for the bowlers when it's meant to be their time to shine under lights with the ball swinging. But that may be a risk worth taking in Auckland (Eden Park), Hamilton (Seddon Park) or Napier (McLean Park) which are the three earmarked venues.

Three tests against South Africa could be something special - we are still yet to beat them in a test series.
    Howsie, Flem274* and NZTailender like this.

i look forward to the day we go all in on day/night tests tbh
    _Ed_ likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Not enough IMO
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Thread Information