• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have batting standards massively declined in recent years?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga, Kallis, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ponting, Chanderpaul, Lara, Jayawardene, Inzi, Younis, Sehwag, Laxman all played in the same era. There's so many others I've left out as well. Madness tbh.

smash84

The Tiger King
Sanga, Kallis, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ponting, Chanderpaul, Lara, Jayawardene, Inzi, Younis, Sehwag, Laxman all played in the same era. There's so many others I've left out as well. Madness tbh.
Madness?

This is CRICKETWEB

Valer

First Class Debutant
I'm of the opinion that batting now is stronger than usual, perhaps stronger than ever. It could be an NZ bias because the BCs have 2 of our best 3 bats in history in the side right now. But I can't remember seeing a lot of guys like ABDV, Root, Amla and Smith in my time watching cricket either.
NZ is averaging roughly the same as the 2000s -- most teams aren't.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm of the opinion that batting now is stronger than usual, perhaps stronger than ever. It could be an NZ bias because the BCs have 2 of our best 3 bats in history in the side right now. But I can't remember seeing a lot of guys like ABDV, Root, Amla and Smith in my time watching cricket either.
Have you literally been watching cricket for about 2 years or something then?