• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok this series just makes me laugh. A couple of double hundreds (maybe triple, won't be surprised if Lara's record is broken) and Australia's top order breaking a fair many records.
This series could see one of the most one sided games of all time. Brace yourselves boys. The era of Aussie domination is back (at least for a few months).

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, this Aussie team are world class downhill skiers especially at home (not a bad thing, they are a good team) and this Windies team are absolute gash.

Howe_zat

Audio File
CA (Futures League) XI Team to play WI starting 2/12
James Peirson (wk) (c) QLD
Jordan Silk TAS
Jake Carder WA
Nick Stevens QLD
Josh Inglis (wk) WA
Matthew Short VIC
Tom Andrews SA
Michael Neser QLD
Ryan Sidebottom VIC
Cameron Boyce QLD
Ryan Lees TAS
James Bazley 12th man QLD

Do you think a game against this team is adequate preparation for a test series ?
Hey I wonder how many WI batsmen will be caught Short in this game

that took me ages

Slifer

International Captain
Anything other than a 3-0 win for Oz within 3 days should be considered a failure by Australia. Clearly I'm west Indian, but even I don't think we deserve a 3 test series against a big team like Oz.

Kesh21

Banned
Oz not good if bowling combination very good just like kiwis.I think WI good team if they regroup and plays as team.

Kesh21

Banned
Burns and khawaja are Flat track bully.Shaun marsh not deserves test selection, If, smith bats at 4, he will be failure.Majority Australians are vs selection of VOges in the team.I would like Cowan, Dolan, Klinger in the CA team vs WI on dec. 2nd.
Many people do not likes my comments but I says fact.

Gob

International Coach
Oz not good if bowling combination very good just like kiwis.I think WI good team if they regroup and plays as team.
Burns and khawaja are Flat track bully.Shaun marsh not deserves test selection, If, smith bats at 4, he will be failure.Majority Australians are vs selection of VOges in the team.I would like Cowan, Dolan, Klinger in the CA team vs WI on dec. 2nd.
Many people do not likes my comments but I says fact.
Joel parris,Ferguson,Head,HANDSCOMB,cowan,doolan sort of players should deserves for CA xl.
itstl

Niall

International Coach
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but, does anyone know exactly why Chris Gayle is not in the current WI test setup?
He can't be ****ed with test cricket. This test tour would clash with the Big Bash as well, which is a big no-no for Gayle.

Even though, its not his strongest format,and is aging and plays **** all red ball cricket these days, he'd still stroll into this side.

This series exists to boost Australia bowling and batting averages, nothing else of worth can be taken from it for Australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not sure whether to go to Boxing Day and sydney test this year tbh. Really debating just missing them. I'll be just super annoyed if I go watch an uncompetitive rout.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You never know, some plebs might think Darren Sammy and Chris Gayle, meme players like that are in the Test squad and show up at the Tests only to be severely let down.

Might just pass Brisbane levels of attendance on days other than Boxing Day and Jane McGrath Day

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
He can't be ****ed with test cricket. This test tour would clash with the Big Bash as well, which is a big no-no for Gayle.

Even though, its not his strongest format,and is aging and plays **** all red ball cricket these days, he'd still stroll into this side.

This series exists to boost Australia bowling and batting averages, nothing else of worth can be taken from it for Australia.
Exactly, I would have thought that, despite Gayle's lack of recent first class experience, the board would have brought him into the squad for the tour considering how well Gayle has played in Aus in the past. Both at T20 franchise level & international level. A few years ago I was really exited about the prospect of a Gayle/Adrian Barath opening partnership for WI, however, just like alot of other things in WI cricket these days, it never blossomed.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
There is a really obvious solution to this West Indies tour "problem" and I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet:

Cancel the 3 Test series and instead let the West Indies enter the Big Bash League as a new franchise.

If there is a need to round out the competition to 10 teams consider adding Canberra. However, stop that consideration immediately and embrace the option of North Queensland as a team led by local hero Andrew 'Roy' Symonds as captain, coach and mentor. Team name yet to be decided. Early votes are suggesting the North Queensland Thurston's, however as I am the only one to have voted so far, we probably need to give it more time.

Let the real summer of cricket begin.

Last edited: