• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW decides another one, the greatest All-Rounder ever. 32 players, Nomination thread!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4 of Waugh's nominations were mine but oh well this is taking ages to fill up.

Does Watto deserve a spot over Steve Waugh?
I'd argue so. His bowling, at least at Test level was a lot more valuable than Steve's was.

Also I have no qualms with Boom Boom being there. His bowling is very under-rated for mine. And he's played some cracking innings when he's come off, too.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Dead set, have I just invented Monty Noble in my tiny confused little mind and in reality he doesn't actually exist? It's the only explanation I can come up with that has blokes like Waugh, Hammond, Jayasuriya and Kluesner being on an all-rounders list ahead of him.

Same goes for Trevor Goddard.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
4 of Waugh's nominations were mine but oh well this is taking ages to fill up.
Ha ha, well if we're allowed to do that I'm going to re-nom my first round blokes who haven't gotten in yet. :)

Monty Noble
Frank Woolley
George Giffen
Warwick Armstrong
Trevor Goddard
Trevor Bailey

Plus:

Richie Benaud
Maurice Tate
Alan Davidson

cnerd123

likes this
57 Tests, 79 wickets bowling legspin at an average of 29.22 and 10 test centuries (including a double) with an average of 39.17.

42 Tests, 121 wickets bowling a mixture of spin, seam and swing for 25 runs each, and an average of 30.25 with the bat with 1 century and 16 fifties, as well as having the reputation of being an excellent fieldsman.