• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP: Loudmouth or misunderstood

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He's both. KP's problem is that he's been too much of a **** to fit into the England dressing room, the ECB are also guilty of not factoring in his ****ishness when managing him.

Shane Warne was a prize **** as well, but he would never have been dropped by Australia unless he was under performing on the field.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
He's both. KP's problem is that he's been too much of a **** to fit into the England dressing room, the ECB are also guilty of not factoring in his ****ishness when managing him.

Shane Warne was a prize **** as well, but he would never have been dropped by Australia unless he was under performing on the field.
KP was too big a pillock for too long - there comes a time when that can't be managed.

And note how, according to him, he's never at fault.

cnerd123

likes this
And note how, according to him, he's never at fault.
On Steve Harmison during that 2008 tour of India, he writes: "At that point, my weaknesses re-emerged. Harmy kept bowling short and wide, he kept getting cut, and I lost my patience, shouting, bowl the f****** ball straight… I should have helped him more positively, but I just didn't understand the pressure he was under in the middle, or the pressure he felt at being away from home. He needed a lot more encouragement, a lot more attention, and I didn't treat him the way that I should have."
Review: Kevin Pietersen on Cricket | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah form was the big consideration when he was dropped in the WI in '99 but, reputedly, his behaviour toward certain team members had also worsened. Because he's Warne, he was given more leeway than others but he began to abuse that. Cue massive sook, retirement talk, etc.