• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
pretty sure they send a small army of bothams, athertons, hussains and willis's to australia and nz.
You know what would happen if you tried to beam a bit of Craig McMillan and Craig Cumming into English homes though, don't you -

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
who the **** is this who is somehow bored enough already to cry about over rates? they sound familliar but like they have a cold or something
Wasn't listening but I assume Bumble, he always moans about them. Over rates are one of the biggest non issues in cricket though, whoever complains about them is really boring.

Almost as boring as those of us who complain about people complaining about over rates.

Stapel

International Regular
Compton illustrating why he was dropped. 3* off 24, really building dots here.
I don't think there is too much wrong with that.

Anyway, wheather you like slow batting or not, it must be said that the stream of legside-padside hit me filth has stopped.

Compton

International Debutant
Piedt bowling a maiden to Nick Compton is something I can predict seeing another 40 times this tour.

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't think there is too much wrong with that.

Anyway, wheather you like slow batting or not, it must be said that the stream of legside-padside hit me filth has stopped.
I disagree, pitch/outfield this quick it almost takes effort to score less than 3 RPO. Hales/Compton need to do more against Piedt.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Compton illustrating why he was dropped. 3* off 24, really building dots here.
Maybe in part due to coming in just before the lunch break.

But much more of this and we'll have Boycs reminding us how he was dropped for slow scoring after making 246 all those years ago.

Compton

International Debutant
I disagree, pitch/outfield this quick it almost takes effort to score less than 3 RPO. Hales/Compton need to do more against Piedt.
I disagree entirely.

Going after the spinner in the last 20 minutes of what has been a good session for England would have been madness.

76-1 is a good session.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good session and we know that if we bat well we will be past anything they have scored for ages an hour after tea. Can't complain about a session like that.

91Jmay

International Coach
I disagree entirely.

Going after the spinner in the last 20 minutes of what has been a good session for England would have been madness.

76-1 is a good session.
You don't need to go after a spinner to do better than 3* off 32.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was your chest beating about 80K in the G that no one cares about Brah.
if you had a look at the rude post that was in response to you might have some context

If someone responds to a well-meaning post like a ****, don't be surprised if I respond like one

Stapel

International Regular
You don't need to go after a spinner to do better than 3* off 32.
If Nick Compton is not a natural rotator of the strike, I can't see him trying to be during the first morning of a Test.

Anyway, fair to say we have different opinions here.