• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In fairness to him we would have been fecked without that partnership. I'm not eager to criticise his batting today.
Sure but he has a highest score of 42 across all his international games, granted he'll have been stranded a few times. But needs to push on. Quite interesting compared to his bowling where has a surprising number 4 and 5 fers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid seems to be the English Harbhajan in terms of super-ugly batting somehow working.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Broad is absolute bobbins at ODI cricket isn't he.
You'd think he'd have worked out that his job was to take single and keep Rashid on strike. Ah well.

But I'd have taken this score an hour and a half ago. Quite brilliant from Root and Woakes did way better than I expected.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And all over for 262. Rashid's average batting where he does in these games is remarkable, really.

Not so long ago we were being told that anything around 250 is par for the course in D/N games here. Is that still what people think, or are we way under what we need today?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And all over for 262. Rashid's average batting where he does in these games is remarkable, really.

Not so long ago we were being told that anything around 250 is par for the course in D/N games here. Is that still what people think, or are we way under what we need today?
It used to be that way around 2003.. Ashish Nehra 6-23. :D Historically I can remember quite a few occasions where teams have been bundled out chasing under lights in SA, but then again they've looked pretty comfortable so far this series in big chases.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Well short at wanderers. Sa will be disappointed they allowed England to recover. But if you had given ab 262 to chase after winning the toss he would have bitten your hand of.

This is not the coast were the ball swings in the evening. The highveld dew will come and the ball will skied on and making batting easier.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
It used to be that way around 2003.. Ashish Nehra 6-23. :D Historically I can remember quite a few occasions where teams have been bundled out chasing under lights in SA, but then again they've looked pretty comfortable so far this series in big chases.
That was at durban just like anderon's 4/29 in the world cup vs pakistan was at newlands. Highveld and coastal venues are totally different. Very good lights,not the kind of swing and if there is dew then it becomes very easy to bat second.