• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
One of the more forgivable dismissals. It's stretching things to say he's kept us in the game as SA are still massive favourites, but at least me made our total look respectable.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well batted Moeen. All eyes on the bowlers now, could bowl them out for under 150 and set up a good chase. Be great if it happens.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Anyone think that Abbott's injury and Rabada's fatigue will give England a sniff in a chase! Piedt has been okay but most bats have been comfortable.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm not sure rolling SA here would actually help us. Chasing ~280 with no chance of a draw, or bat out 4 sessions with a target of 450? It's not much fun either way

flibbertyjibber

Anyone think that Abbott's injury and Rabada's fatigue will give England a sniff in a chase! Piedt has been okay but most bats have been comfortable.
Depends how many they are chasing. Anything over 300 and you would fancy any attack to win bowling on that on days 4 and 5.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only if we skittle them for less than 100. Rabada will be fine after a rest, and Morkel will probably show up if there's unpredictable bounce.

And the pitch should only get more difficult over the next day or so.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I'm not sure rolling SA here would actually help us. Chasing ~280 with no chance of a draw, or bat out 4 sessions with a target of 450? It's not much fun either way
Can't see them batting 4 sessions on this pitch even with the Saffas down to 2 seamers.

OverratedSanity

Moeen at no. 8 is hax. Has the pitch turned much yet? Cricbuzz mentioned uneven bounce but a bit of turn could mean Moeen could have fun now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd take the former in a heartbeat.

Actually a repeat of Lord's 2000 vs WI would be perfect, but I don't see SA collapsing for something silly again.