• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The other Cook reminds me of Amla in his stance, just a bit open, getting lower with the raising bat as the ball is about to be released.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The difference between Woakes and Finn is bigger than I realized...

And whatever happens from here I was wrong and we should have put Cook in at the top long time ago... I believed that Van Zyl deserved the chances but...

It would be good if Duminy was replaced by van Zyl or Roussouw if they could get back into form and I would be much happier with the team. My biggest issue is if Steyn and Philander where fit... who would get the 3rd seamer position, Morkel,Rabada or Abbott... I would like to see Rabada in that role...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
First over I've watched but Woakes was all over the place there. Only a little off each time but the complete lack of threat is alarming.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pommie is such a breath of fresh air. I loved how he gave us a background of the Cook selection, the various openers SA tried to partner with Smith, the thinking behind each. I was impressed that he remembered SA trying to open with Neil Mckenzie and Jacques Rudolph at one stage. This is something you would never ever get from Channel 9 or Star Sports clowns. They would have no clue about any team selections, especially of forgotten players like Rudolph and Mckenzie, nor would they ever bother to read up and come prepared.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Pommie is such a breath of fresh air.
He is my favourite commentator of all... he does not have the bias as many others and gives good commentary for lots of the guys and tries to get good/interesting information out of other knowledgeable commentators.

Last edited:

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Amla seems to be dropped quite a lot. I remember him being dropped in the 40's when he made 311 and he was dropped multiple times in his double ton. Is it just this series or has he been given lives alot throughout his test career?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Amla seems to be dropped quite a lot. I remember him being dropped in the 40's when he made 311 and he was dropped multiple times in his double ton. Is it just this series or has he been given lives alot throughout his test career?
He has had a few throughout his career... I think that its his bat speed though. When he goes for it, he really flays the bat and the knick comes fast....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Atherton, another excellent voice of reason and moderation, pointing out how AB actually praised England and the media totally concocted a story from nowhere.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Pommie is such a breath of fresh air. I loved how he gave us a background of the Cook selection, the various openers SA tried to partner with Smith, the thinking behind each. I was impressed that he remembered SA trying to open with Neil Mckenzie and Jacques Rudolph at one stage. This is something you would never ever get from Channel 9 or Star Sports clowns. They would have no clue about any team selections, especially of forgotten players like Rudolph and Mckenzie, nor would they ever bother to read up and come prepared.
Who is Pommie? What is his full name?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Stupid question from Haysman!! If you played against another team would your team have done so well?

England have played well, SA not so well. England deserve to win. What does he think Atherton will say.. no it was unfair Eng did not deserve it!!!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woakes has been crap. Should have played Footit if only to see if he has it or not. Woakes last test?
Woakes reminds me of a guy that I used to play with in grade cricket

This guy had an amazing grade season (60+ wickets and 900+ runs), made his fc debut and did ok but was unfashionable (loopy, massive swinging medium pacers and big hitting)

Unfortunately for him, he listened to the whispers and tried to change his game (i.e. bowl faster, block more) with predictable results

By the time he'd worked out that it wasn't for him, his chance had gone and he retired with an incredible grade record but only 2 fc matches

Woakes copped big criticism for his pace on debut and has come back faster but with zero penetration

Marius

International Debutant
Lots of people don't like Pommie's commentary, but I like him, I think he's pretty good.

I don't think there is too much love for SA commentators on this site, but I think most are pretty good.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well batted Cook, been a good display in opening test. Looking at him it beggars belief that they were picking makeshift openers for so long.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lots of people don't like Pommie's commentary, but I like him, I think he's pretty good.

I don't think there is too much love for SA commentators on this site, but I think most are pretty good.
That's because we don't hear enough from them. It's usually 3-4 test matches a year where Super Sport is the main broadcaster.
Couldn't agree with you more. Robin Jackman was my favourite but not sure if he is on this time?

Miss Barry Richards but I think he moved to NZ.