• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe I'm overrated Stokes in my head because he's always performed when I've been watching. Didn't realise his Test/FC/One Day batting averages were all below 35.
His numbers really haven't captured his utility to the side in the last year, not least because he had a period of a few months where he was uselessness incarnate.

91Jmay

International Coach
The last is an ATG innings obviously but the others aren't that out of the ordinary from an aggressive player.
The fastest ever hundred at Lords isn't that out of the ordinary? Marsh might be able to do it (his double against India A hints at it) but you can't just put him above Stokes because of how well he times it imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
The fastest ever hundred at Lords isn't that out of the ordinary? Marsh might be able to do it (his double against India A hints at it) but you can't just put him above Stokes because of how well he times it imo.
Haha, you said "no way" though which is pretty definitive.

Compton

International Debutant
Marsh needs to focus on being a test-standard batsman before he can worry about who he's better than.

91Jmay

International Coach
Haha, you said "no way" though which is pretty definitive.
Well clearly there is a chance, but i'd put it at less than 10% so you'll have to excuse my hyperbole (I start a thread though as this could be really interesting discussion for a few years).

Howe_zat

Audio File
Teams smashed in a session by Stuart Broad

Australia [x]
India [x]
West Indies [x]
New Zealand [x]
Australia again [x]
South Africa [x]
Sri Lanka [ ]
Pakistan [ ]

Eyes on the summer

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe I'm overrated Stokes in my head because he's always performed when I've been watching. Didn't realise his Test/FC/One Day batting averages were all below 35.
IMO, Maxwell is the best bat out of all the guys that can bat and bowl a bit

IF he grows a brain, he will average circa 50 in test cricket as he is technically really good

Whether he ever matures is another question

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
IMO, Maxwell is the best bat out of all the guys that cab bat and bowl a bit

IF he grows a brain, he will average circa 50 in test cricket as he is technically really good

Whether he ever matures is another question
The mental side of cricket is far harder to develop than technical skill though, so that kind of discussion is irrelevant to be honest. You could say the same about millions of players

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not often the **** review comes from a bowler or debutant. You'd think du Plessis would at least get the rights to a **** review if he wants one here

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Teams smashed in a session by Stuart Broad

Australia [x]
India [x]
West Indies [x]
New Zealand [x]
Australia again [x]
South Africa [x]
Sri Lanka [ ]
Pakistan [ ]

Eyes on the summer
As well as this, the UAE is the country he has the best record in. He's dominated Pakistan his whole career but it's been more of a slow kill.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FC average certainly not helped by playing at Durham, probably the worst possible pitch for him, and as Spark mentioned there was that time when he could not actually make a run.