Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 206 of 473 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 7086
Like Tree1257Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    . Not quite so good for ABdV. What is it for Domingo?
    I dunno, AB said at the time it went to Amla he wanted the captaincy, and their was talk of him retiring from test cricket the other week, maybe this is another carrot been dangled to prolong his test career and keep him happy? I don't think their was any alternatives really, Faf in horror form recently and looking at the younger guys it is way to early for Elgar and especially Bavuma!

Who knows about Domingo, you suspect if South Africa lose this series comprehensively he will be binned.

Faf at 4 and AB at 5 imo.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    I dunno, AB said at the time it went to Amla he wanted the captaincy, and their was talk of him retiring from test cricket the other week, maybe this is another carrot been dangled to prolong his test career and keep him happy? I don't think their was any alternatives really, Faf in horror form recently and looking at the younger guys it is way to early for Elgar and especially Bavuma!

Who knows about Domingo, you suspect if South Africa lose this series comprehensively he will be binned.
    Age has nothing to do with elgar and bavuma. They are both older and played more tests then when smith was made captain. Has to do with leadership qualities. Smith was a natural leader neither temba nor elgar strikes me as that.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Faf at 4 and AB at 5 imo.
    Why would he move to 5? He is our best player he needs to bat in the top 4. He didn't move to 5 when he kept. No reason to do it as captain.
    Last edited by Stefan9; 06-01-2016 at 01:53 PM.

I hope abdv doesn't retire now
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    Why would he move to 5? He is our best player he needs to bat in the top 4. He didn't move to 5 when he kept. No reason to do it as captain.
    Well because he wants a lighter load, and the captaincy isn't going to help with that.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Well because he wants a lighter load, and the captaincy isn't going to help with that.
    That was in reference to keeping and physical work.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    I do think AB will be good with the captaincy.

Also, Bavuma's century brings up a pretty interesting dilemna for the selectors. Stiaan van Zyl hasn't worked well at opener, and will likely lose that spot. Before Bavuma scored his ton, and Faf his 80-odd, I'd assumed van Zyl would fall down the order in place of one of them. Now, though, I'm guessing he'll fall straight out of the XI. A bit unfortunate given he was probably considered the superior prospect over Bavuma, but was pushed out of position because it was thought that he could compete better as an opener than Temba.
    Van Zyl is one of the worst openers I've seen play for a top team. Absolute shambles of a 'technique'

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    AB,faf,jp and hash were the people interviewed. Hash never wanted it if we are honest, read his answers during the press conference carefully. When he was asked this he says it was an honour to be asked to be captain. He was coerced into this because CSA wanted a non white captain.

Hash has always been a reluctant captain. He resigned the dolphins captaincy after a season as a young man as he felt it was affecting his batting even though he scored a truck load of runs that season. He resigned the odi vice captaincy as he didn't like standing in as captain when ab wasn't available.

We can question the timing but there is no doudt it was the right decision.

Amla the batsman is better then Amla the captain. So hopefully without the stresses of captaincy he returns fully to the great he is.

Personally I think faf should be captain as he is better tactically then ab but you need to go with someone that is 100% guaranteed his spot.

I think it's a bit harsh on CSA to say they wanted Amla because he's not white.

It's true that he was initially a reluctant leader but he absolutely has leadership qualities, aside from being one of the first men on the team sheet. It's also probably a factor that they wanted to reduce AB's workload, which is definitely something that should be taken into consideration.

TBH any one of Amla, AB or Faf seem equally capable.

I think this decision has been more about personal accountability more than anything; the team hasn't delivered the expected results so he's fallen on his sword.

"When Graeme stepped down, it gave an opportunity for me to explore my captaincy. I thought at the time I could add value and I'd like to believe that I have added value. I am really surprised some people have suggested it was not my choice. You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

What a magnificent line. All hail Hashim Amla.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Poor AB. Wanted a lighter workload in tests. gets the captaincy thrust on him mid-series instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiaholic View Post
    Exactly. Not a very selfless decision IMO.
    What? AB wanted the captaincy, and described it as a lifelong dream.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "When Graeme stepped down, it gave an opportunity for me to explore my captaincy. I thought at the time I could add value and I'd like to believe that I have added value. I am really surprised some people have suggested it was not my choice. You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

This quote needs to be made into one of those inspirational tumblr picture things with Amla looking firm in the background
    wellAlbidarned likes this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

wow, that's such a gun quote

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    What? AB wanted the captaincy, and described it as a lifelong dream.
    Yeah I know he said that, but it was a while ago, wasn't it? He's said he wants a lighter workload since, and it probably refers to his keeping duties, but I still dunno.

Not a big deal though, not saying Amla is selfish or anything like that **** indiaholic. wtf man?
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Yeah I know he said that, but it was a while ago, wasn't it? He's said he wants a lighter workload since, and it probably refers to his keeping duties, but I still dunno.
    Nah he said it yesterday.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Not a big deal though, not saying Amla is selfish or anything like that **** indiaholic. wtf man?
    I can see where he is coming from. 1-0 down, two tests to go, and he resigns. ABDV needs to take the reigns and try and win from the get go. The team is already struggling, they don't need more obstacles to overcome.

Thread Information