• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn's had a hell of an amazing run, though.. let's not forget that staying the undisputed No. 1 for close to a decade with SA playing fewer Tests is pretty amazing... and injuries played a big role in slowing him down in the last couple of years.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very strong rumours that ABDV has signed/about to sign for the Thunders in next year's BBL

Might be watching SA cricket disintegrate before our eyes

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
In the time I've been watching England, I don't think any player really stands out as having been significantly better than Broad. He's on a par with Anderson, KP, Cook, Swann and Prior, at the least, in the last 15 years IMO.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I've actually been thinking it for a while now that he's getting very close, but it's controversial tstl.
I really just think it is the Steyn issue. He has been the best bowler in the world forever but he has just not played the matches in recent times.

Broad has been brilliant since the start of the ashes, there are plenty of other excellent bowlers about but with Harris retired and Steyn injured there are none that are clearly a step above.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Steyn and Philander were fit, even 120 would've been a tricky chase. Bad selections have hurt SA almost as much as injuries imo.