• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

MrPrez

International Debutant
I reckon your keep going until 700 (if you can). They could get close in a session I reckon, and that really just starves SA from having any chance of winning this match at all. Would properly crumble our resolve.

91Jmay

International Coach
I reckon your keep going until 700 (if you can). They could get close in a session I reckon, and that really just starves SA from having any chance of winning this match at all. Would properly crumble our resolve.
Yeah, given the run rate isn't likely to massively slip with Moeen and Broad to come (although Broad's inevitable duck is going to be hilarious) we should just score at 4.5 + RPO for as long as possible and see where we are.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
So what happens to the world rankings if England kick the **** out of SA like this all series? Bit early to say until SA have batted but England look the significantly stronger team this series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Man I have never....I mean ever seen a session of cricket like that.........that was just insane!!

2 comments........Stokes is a god amongst men . And.......I really hope Warner wasn't watching. Apart from realising he's not the most destructive batsmen in the world anymore.......all those beards would have sent him into a mental rage.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what happens to the world rankings if England kick the **** out of SA like this all series? Bit early to say until SA have batted but England look the significantly stronger team this series.
Smith said during the last test that if it is 4-0 then SA go 5th.

Thought it was a strange thing to say at the time but maybe he could see this coming.

91Jmay

International Coach
Smith wants Amla out, it is pretty clear and is trying to pump pressure on. Wouldn't shock me if the batting performance goes really bad if he resigns as skipper mid series.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I may be getting this wrong but I think there was a time when Amla did not want the captaincy.

Compton

International Debutant
I'm enjoying Bairstow this morning. Just sort of trying to sneak to a ton without anyone noticing. Take that pressure off.