• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great bowlers of two rotations of the bowling arm

Victor Ian

International Coach
When I used to play u14's cricket I remember the main bowler in our side used to make two rotations of the arm that held the ball before delivery. I remember other kids at school also bowling like this. Having just watched some Barry Richards youtube, I noticed a bowler using this method (at 1m26s in) It seems to be absent in modern cricket but I got wondering if it was ever as common an action as I remember from my school days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DewKbgKOibg

Are there any notable bowlers in test cricket who used this method? and for the sake of curiosity, can anyone identify that bowler in the footage?

Who is the best ever double rotation bowler?

Midwinter

State Captain
looks like Colin Croft in the video

Did Mike Procter have that type of action ?

Froggy Thomson the Victorian tearaway from around 1970 had an unusual action that may be what you're talking about.

cnerd123

likes this
Argh I wanna post that clip from Lagaan of the guy who kept rotating his arm in his bowling action but can't find it on Youtube zzz.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Wickremasinghe
Tapash Baisya

These are the names coming to my mind. Not sure if they exactly fall into the category but comes close.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yesssssssss haha. I actually saw the name and thumbnail of that video and assumed it wouldn't feature this guy, but there he is right at the start of the clip lol.

Embedding it for teh likez

This was such a great movie. Without subtitles I don't understand a thing, but the scene is still kickass! (When I watch foreign movies without subtitles, I always imagine they are discussing Pizza orders)

ezravine

Cricket Spectator
One great movie, it has been rated 5 stars in rotten tomato..
btw, that bowler from 0:02 just nailed bowling one of the best I've ever seen hahaha