• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Videos and DVDs

Joseph Redgate

Cricket Spectator
I live in America and I am just learning about cricket (just got into it a few days ago). I am desperately looking for sources of complete matches; especially test matches, preferably Ashes test matches. However, all I have been able to find are "Highlights" videos and DVDs. Where can someone, like myself, who wishes to watch entire test matches, find copies of them to watch without missing anything?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not sure if there are a lot of DVDs available for full test matches other than the really famous ones like England vs Australia 2005. Try amazon.co.uk

You're certainly at the right place though. Cricket Web is the place to be to learn about the game.

You can try watching some of the live test matches now if you like, from ball 1. You can try Live cricket scores, commentary, match coverage | Cricket news, statistics | ESPN Cricinfo which has all the details of current matches, results, scores and upcoming fixtures.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask here.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Do get the Ashes 2005 DVD. Plus you can always start out with matches that are on now.. I think willow isbthe service that is available in the US.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Welcome to this amazing sport.

On the highly unlikely event you'll be able to find it, you'll get bored the **** out if you watch an old test match alone.

I suggest reading the rules, watching the Ashes 2005 DVD (pretty sure it's on youtube) for understanding the dynamics while also having a lot fun and then watch the test cricket currently on while discussing it with people here and asking questions.

There's a lot of test cricket on right now - India v. SA are having a four test series in India, South Africa are the number one team in the world and India is a team which is very, very hard to beat at home. India have won the first first test and the game is on. NZ v. Aus has had a huge build up on CW, this is NZ's new generation, Aus is again a team which is scary good on Australian pitches and have some exceptionally fast bowlers. Aus have dominated the first test so far but they're going to have four more tests in the next 2-3 months. This is an ATG period to start watching test cricket. Just catch the games whenever you can, post in the tour threads which are stickied and join in the fun. You won't regret it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ashes 2005 DVD, while excellent, is highlights and not full games. The speed the action takes place in the highlights is rapid, which isn't reflective of the pace of the game actually. Usually, highlights packages have some dot balls or 1s and 2s etc. This one has far too less. It's still excellent as the production values are excellent among so many other reasons. Do keep this in mind though while you watch it.

Legends of Cricket was a box set produced by ESPN having biographies of the greatest players to have played the game. It has been available for free for a few years now. Watch some and you will love them Frank Worrell - 'Tough and shrewd but always gracious' | Legends of Cricket | Video | ESPN Cricinfo

Joseph Redgate

Cricket Spectator
Thank you all for your suggestions and info.
I'm having a difficult time viewing live matches. The only site that I have had any success with so far is the cric time.be site, but I can almost never get it to work.

Last edited:

Joseph Redgate

Cricket Spectator
I would recommend that one watches Willow Tv through the Forefox browser. I was watching it through the Safari browser and the sound quality was terrible.

ezravine

Cricket Spectator
Same here Joseph! I know it is a bit irrelevant to what you are looking for but it might interest you to see a Bollywood movie called Lagaan.
It has something to do with cricket so, just so you know and you might want to add it up to your list, somehow..

Joseph Redgate

Cricket Spectator
Same here Joseph! I know it is a bit irrelevant to what you are looking for but it might interest you to see a Bollywood movie called Lagaan.
It has something to do with cricket so, just so you know and you might want to add it up to your list, somehow..
I actually just downloaded the torrent for that a few days ago. I also watched "Wondrous Oblivion," but wasn't too crazy about it. Lagaan looks much better.

Gob

International Coach
been watching cricket since the mid 90s and here are some gooduns

Aust tour of WI 95 (generational change)
Ashes 97
Aust tour of SA 98 (Mark Waugh special at Capetown)
Test Asia cup or wtf it was called 98 most notably remember for Akthar(arguably the fastest bowler ever) bowling(means hitting the stumps) of Dravid and Tendulkar(widely regarded as the 2nd greatest batsman) in consecutive balls
Aust tour of WI 99 (Lara, Tendulkar's famous rival playing arguably greatest innings ever)
Aust tour of India 2001 (most famous fight back in Kolkata)
Ashes 05
Ashes 06/07 (last hurrah of the greatest team i ever saw)
7th ODI Aust vs India 2013

dunno how much footage you can find on any of the above but they all worth watching

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Ashes 97
Test Asia cup or wtf it was called 98 most notably remember for Akthar(arguably the fastest bowler ever) bowling(means hitting the stumps) of Dravid and Tendulkar(widely regarded as the 2nd greatest batsman) in consecutive balls
Aust tour of WI 99 (Lara, Tendulkar's famous rival playing arguably greatest innings ever)
Ashes 05

dunno how much footage you can find on any of the above but they all worth watching
Highlighted the most important one there.

Kirkut

International Regular

Ashes 97
Ashes 05

Maybe you're either talking about the 3rd ODI or you're a big Nohit Flopma fan.

docajits

Cricket Spectator
sir are you into swapping of cricket matches ? me email id is - docajits@gmail.com

Ashes 97
Ashes 05

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I live in America and I am just learning about cricket (just got into it a few days ago). I am desperately looking for sources of complete matches; especially test matches, preferably Ashes test matches. However, all I have been able to find are "Highlights" videos and DVDs. Where can someone, like myself, who wishes to watch entire test matches, find copies of them to watch without missing anything?
Did we ever find out whose multi this was?