cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: West Indies Domestic Season 2015/16

West Indies Domestic Season 2015/16

The second season of Profesional first class cricket started yesterday with a very encouraging start for the batsman.

Barbados are batting first against Jamaica and reached 262/2 with Kraigg Braithwaite on 111 not out. Shai Hope made 77 whilst Shamarh Brooks is 49 not out.

Guyana made 287/4 against Windward Islands. Rajendra Chandrika batted all day for his maiden FC century (140 not out). Shiv made 34 before being caught at slip of Shillingford.

T & T against the Leewards was rain affected, leaving T & T on 157/3. Evin Lewis made 66 whilst Narsing Deonarine is 43 not out on his debut.

It's great to see some decent batting performances so early in the tournament. That's already a big improvement on last year. The test players have done what they're supposed to and shown why they were selected. It's incredibly important that there are some good batting performances this year, we desperately need players with some confidence and form before heading to Australia.

Don't know a lot about WI Domestic set up at all tbh. Does it generate much interest and what's the standard like?
    test cricketer likes this.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Is Adrian Barath still around?
    test cricketer likes this.

A shame to read that while Nicholas Pooran is now playing some trial games again, his leg is still seen as being at "not 100%, not even 75%" fitness after his car crash, which was ages ago.
    Last edited by Kippax; 07-11-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Don't squander the gold of your days making a shrine of cricket videos, trying to improve the hopeless failure, giving your life away to the Blockys, the Devciches and the Weerasundaras! Surrender your devout little cricketing heart to the inured agribusinessman.

NEW ZEALAND RAIN RADAR . AUSTRALIAN RAIN RADAR . U.K. RAIN RADAR

Quote Originally Posted by African Monkey View Post
    Is Adrian Barath still around?
    Barath taking time away from cricket - Stabroek News

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    A shame to read that while Nicholas Pooran is now playing some trial games again, his leg is still seen as being at "not 100%, not even 75%" fitness after his car crash, which was ages ago.
    "Thanks for your sympathy and concern, Kippax!"

U19 Vice-Captain
    Thanks for that. That century at the Gabba seems like such a long time ago now.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Good to see kraiggy braithwaite diong well, watched him closely during the south africa vs west indies series and ive been following him ever since, i reckon he has the potential to be a world class opener

he almost is.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Watson33 View Post
    Don't know a lot about WI Domestic set up at all tbh. Does it generate much interest and what's the standard like?
    The standard is pretty woeful, hence the amount of wickets spinners get at inflated averages.

However now that they have revamped the 4-day competition last season to home/away matches - maybe in coming years once will see improvement in quality test players being produced for test cricket,

Thanks for that. That century at the Gabba seems like such a long time ago now.
    Yea have heard some rumours also from T&T that he opened some salon with his GF odly. His situation is quite odd, Windies have a major opening problem in test cricket to find a partner for Brathwaite with Gayle injured/unavailable & Lendl Simmons no longer wanting to play test due to that new WICB MOU/CBA disaster.

Barath would be perfect player. But I wonder if WICB have forgotten about Chesney Hughes who plays for Derbyshire.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yea have heard some rumours also from T&T that he opened some salon with his GF odly. His situation is quite odd, Windies have a major opening problem in test cricket to find a partner for Brathwaite with Gayle injured/unavailable & Lendl Simmons no longer wanting to play test due to that new WICB MOU/CBA disaster.

Barath would be perfect player. But I wonder if WICB have forgotten about Chesney Hughes who plays for Derbyshire.
    Yeah when I first saw Chesney Hughes playing for Leeward Islands (I think) at 15 I thought he was gonna be a star in international cricket for many years. Unfortunately he seems to have become an inconsistent county cricket player instead, similar to Craig Cachopa for NZ when really they should be pushing for national honours in their own countries.

Yeah when I first saw Chesney Hughes playing for Leeward Islands (I think) at 15 I thought he was gonna be a star in international cricket for many years. Unfortunately he seems to have become an inconsistent county cricket player instead, similar to Craig Cachopa for NZ when really they should be pushing for national honours in their own countries.
    Yea Hughes hasn't kicked on totally since making that 270 for Derbyshire 2-3 years ago - which is believe was highest domestic score for the county.

Batting in Derby for a WI player like him is pretty difficult given how bowler friendly the conditions are & in recent years they have simply been preparing wickets to help suit left-arm quick Mark Footit who has now gone to Surrey.

Hughes ended season with a century & I think his batting is better than his stats show.

But I've seen a lot of him in UK, spoken to him a few times, I know he wants to play for Windies & he would certainly be a better opening batsman candidate for WI right now considering the WI very shocking trend of general selections which saw them pick a guy Chandrika from Guyana who had no FC centuries (from the poor WI domestic season) to open vs AUS & scored a pair & took him to SRI & didn't play him - while generally using middle-order batsmen to open.
    Last edited by aussie; 09-11-2015 at 12:53 PM.

U19 Vice-Captain
    I know it was a few days ago but Leeward Islands declaring on 24/7

A competition so bad you'll almost want to play the Plunket Shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information