• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket All-Stars 2015 - Sachin's Blasters vs Warne's Warriors

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I didn't see a topic about it but thought its worthy of its own thread. These are legit ATG sides, only perhaps a decade or so too late. But it should be fun to see some of the rivals of the 90s buddying up and just enjoying a good game of cricket.

The draw happened yesterday and they split 28 great players, and Ajit Agarkar, as follows:

Sachin's Blasters:*Sachin Tendulkar (c), VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Brian Lara, Mahela Jayawardene, Carl Hooper, Lance Klusener, Shaun Pollock, Moin Khan, Graeme Swann, Glenn McGrath, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Curtly Ambrose

Warne's Warriors:*Shane Warne (c), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, Michael Vaughan, Jacques Kallis, Kumar Sangakkara, Andrew Symonds, Jonty Rhodes, Saqlain Mushtaq, Wasim Akram, Daniel Vettori, Courtney Walsh, Allan Donald, Ajit Agarkar

The matches are as follows:

1. 7th Nov - New York
2. 11th Nov - Houston
3. 14th Nov - Los Angeles

FWIW, these are the two line-ups if I was selecting the final XI:

Blasters:
1. Tendulkar
2. Sehwag
3. Lara
4. Jayawardane
5. Laxman
6. Klusener
7. Moin (who else can keep?)
8. Shoaib
9. Murali
10. Ambrose
11. McGrath

Warriors:
1. Hayden
2. Vaughan
3. Ponting
4. Sangakarra
5. Kallis
6. Rhodes
7. Symonds
8. Vettori
9. Warne
10. Wasim
11. Donald

Any predictions? Who has still got it? And who will be ridiculously past it?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Teams looking pretty well balanced. I'd give it to the Warriors because Vettori/Warne/Kallis are all pretty close to match fit in terms of bowling. Both batting lineups still would be pretty gun you'd think.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh didn't see you left out Pollock. I'd definitely imagine he'd be in better condition than the other quicks from Blasters.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What's the go with telecasts in Australia? I love this kinda stuff!

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Oh didn't see you left out Pollock. I'd definitely imagine he'd be in better condition than the other quicks from Blasters.
Probably. I just can't choose who to omit from McGrath (that line and length will still be perfect), Ambrose (just too cool) and Shoaib (will still be ever the showman).

I hold Pollock's bland personality against him.

I also left out Ganguly, Hooper, Swann, Saqlain, Walsh and AA.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus surely Walsh and Ambrose must be collecting pension by now. Not sure I want to watch them bowl at 50mph..

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warriors have the better batting, Blasters have the better bowling. Should be good. Would have Swann over both Pollock and Ambrose.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also

Hi Shane. So you’re out in New York City for the Cricket All-Stars tour to promote the game in the US. Is it nice to be able to walk down the street without getting mobbed?
I do get mobbed! We just walked out of a building and there were about 10 people that wanted selfies. Without trying to pump myself and Sachin [Tendulkar] up, I think we’ve given a good account of ourselves as ambassadors for the sport. People have realised that and said, “hang on, these guys actually are a bit of a big deal and people do like them”. There’s so much awareness here: we’re on the front of the New York Times!