• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket All-Stars 2015 - Sachin's Blasters vs Warne's Warriors

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is where they're playing the first game, Citi Field, which my investigating reveals is the home ground for the New York Mets

Which rather raises the question of how on earth they are going to play cricket on it.

Either they bring the boundaries into an oval on the outfield, in which case we are looking at 130x70 metre oval (for comparison, Eden 'obviously way too bloody small' Park is 130x100) or the shape of the boundary will have the weirdest impact on the game

Fusion

Global Moderator
Which rather raises the question of how on earth they are going to play cricket on it.

Either they bring the boundaries into an oval on the outfield, in which case we are looking at 130x70 metre oval (for comparison, Eden 'obviously way too bloody small' Park is 130x100) or the shape of the boundary will have the weirdest impact on the game
Attached is the seating map from the Houston game. It obviously doesn't give you any idea about the dimensions, but you can somewhat get a sense that it will be a small boundary with weird dimensions.

Seating Map.png

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
When I was there, we played cricket in baseball grounds too with the home base and first as the two sets of stumps. We could only play from one end and if you are a mainly backfoot type player, you were literally useless as a batsman there, as I was most of the time. :( They did say I was a gun keeper though. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They played a game or two in Toronto Skydome or some thing a few years back. Wonder how they laid the pitch there.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Y'know I'm suddenly finding myself pretty intrigued by this. Gonna do some commentary if anyone else is interested

Burner

International Regular
I agree with Sachin about the fact that t20s are the gateway to the expansion of Cricket. It would have been better if it were young guys playing, but if it is indeed small boundaries, I am sure even the retired guys will be able to flaunt some style and bring some excitement and thrill into the match. Then maybe if it provokes interest, we can move onto Tests and ODI and then bam whaddyouknow we are playing a 50 team world-cup and get a ****-load of hollywood movies about Cricket.

Burner

International Regular
Martin Freeman to play Sachin Tendulkar, Daniel Craig as Shane Warne, Denzel Washington as Brian Lara. :shock:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Unlike the MCC match last year @ Lords, I hope this time Tendy & Lara opens the batting together - that for me will be the only cricket reason I will watch this.

cnerd123

likes this
who da fuk put McGrath in tha same xi with Lara/Sachin

**** move
The only Aussie not in Warne's team is McGrath. The only Indian not in Sachin's team is Ajit.

It's almost like they drafted the squads and decided they needed to make a swap between the two sides to balance them; and Warne got the bad end of that deal.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From experience the only thing that impresses people who've never seen cricket before is sixes, very good fielding and fast bowling. We'll have the first one for sure but about the other two..

Either way idgaf, just want to watch Wasim. 100% sure he'll still swing it miles.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mostly just care about Lara. Much more than SRT probably as I have seen SRT a bit too much as an oldie in the last two years of his career. Lara not so much as he got injured during ICL. Will enjoy any fours etc SRT hits, mind.

Most fast bowlers like Walsh will be a bit ordinary won't they. Expecting Akram to be okay as he wasn't bowling with too much pace at the end of his career. Also McGrath might be okay. Not looking forward to seeing old fast bowlers. Might make me cringe a bit.