• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tom Graveney RIP

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Breaking news he has died.

RIP and thanks for being one of the voices of the sport I love as I grew up.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Rest in peace to a cricket legend. Tom Graveney, when in form, was the most elegant batsman of his time in the world.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a bloody awful year.

RIP Tom. His Top Ten Cricket Book was I think the book that made me fall in love with ranked lists of cricketers (some may consider this a bad thing) and thirty odd years on I still remember and quote it regularly.

Lovely batsman, and by all accounts a lovely man.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Superb batsman and a thoroughly decent man - one of the all too rare professionals in his era who didn't kowtow to the autocrats who ran the game - cost him a few Test caps and the chance to have an even more impressive record

Thoughts go out to nephew David - haven't always been impressed by his efforts as a selector but this coming on top of the death of his father (got a ten-fer once) a week or so ago he must feel a bit lost at the moment